THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 am 

Sausage wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
One thing I noticed, is that when we have the ball, there rarely seems to be anyone to pass to. We constantly resort to hoofing it up field.

Also, yesterday we were getting completely overrun in midfield. Nielson should have noticed this straight away and changed tactics, but he didnt.

That’s a contradiction. If we are completely overrun in midfield, a change in tactic is to avoid midfield and send it over the top, either down the lines or up the middle. What would you do instead?

We needed to compete more in the middle of the park. They had so much space in there, whereas we were anonymous.

We really need a Navarro/Drinkwater/Kante/Wise type of player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
Neilson’s going to be here for a couple of seasons yet. We need to do more to support the players too.

I can guarantee if Neilson is still here next season and we're still languishing in mid-table mediocrity or worse playing the type of football we do at the moment, I won't be here, and nor will quite a few other supporters.

The players look about as inspired and happy as fans do.

So you’re a quitter.

If you can’t support us when we lose or draw, don’t support us when we win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Sausage wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
One thing I noticed, is that when we have the ball, there rarely seems to be anyone to pass to. We constantly resort to hoofing it up field.

Also, yesterday we were getting completely overrun in midfield. Nielson should have noticed this straight away and changed tactics, but he didnt.

That’s a contradiction. If we are completely overrun in midfield, a change in tactic is to avoid midfield and send it over the top, either down the lines or up the middle. What would you do instead?

We needed to compete more in the middle of the park. They had so much space in there, whereas we were anonymous.

We really need a Navarro/Drinkwater/Kante/Wise type of player

Yep, we should sign N’Golo Kante.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
True though, literally have no idea what the likes of 'Stevie Crawford' and 'Neil Macfarlane' do. I had to google who our assistant manager/coaches were just now.

I've seen more of that sports science bloke and Edu Rubio giving interviews and showing their faces than those other two.

The clue's in the title. They 'assistant manage' and they 'coach'. Whether they are good or bad is a different matter and one that's hard to judge from the stands. And as for interviews? Fuck that. I don't want staff that are good at soundbites, I want staff that do their jobs well. Being able to talk into a camera without dribbling and soiling yourself is just a bonus.

Personally. my biggest issue with Robinson, from the days he worked for Ince, was his gobshite interviews. It's his worst attribute, followed by his intransigence. But he can spot a player in the making and he can coach, as evidenced by things professionals have said about him.

Please don't confuse having the ability to give an interesting interview with the ability to coach. Being interesting on camera neither makes you a good or a bad coach, it makes you a TV performer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 am 

I don’t thonk you got the point. It was more the fact we haven’t heard anything they offer or the sort of things they implement or do so we don’t understand what they bring or how they are as people and how they may improve us

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 am 

Alby wrote:
I don’t thonk you got the point. It was more the fact we haven’t heard anything they offer or the sort of things they implement or do so we don’t understand what they bring or how they are as people and how they may improve us

I don't think you get the point. What you say about them is true about 95% of all football backroom staff. And so it should be. They are not club spokesmen. It's not their job.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am 

keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
True though, literally have no idea what the likes of 'Stevie Crawford' and 'Neil Macfarlane' do. I had to google who our assistant manager/coaches were just now.

I've seen more of that sports science bloke and Edu Rubio giving interviews and showing their faces than those other two.

The clue's in the title. They 'assistant manage' and they 'coach'. Whether they are good or bad is a different matter and one that's hard to judge from the stands. And as for interviews? Fuck that. I don't want staff that are good at soundbites, I want staff that do their jobs well. Being able to talk into a camera without dribbling and soiling yourself is just a bonus.

Personally. my biggest issue with Robinson, from the days he worked for Ince, was his gobshite interviews. It's his worst attribute, followed by his intransigence. But he can spot a player in the making and he can coach, as evidenced by things professionals have said about him.

Please don't confuse having the ability to give an interesting interview with the ability to coach. Being interesting on camera neither makes you a good or a bad coach, it makes you a TV performer.

Robinson interviews far better than Nielson in my opinion. You can tell from the way Robinson interviews his passion for the game and motivational qualities. Nielson on the other hand is duller than the football his team serve up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:24 am 
I think we are all just used to Richie Barker giving interviews and being quite 'out there' with the media and giving his fair share of interviews. In fact all of our previous assistant coaches/managers have been like that.

Would be good to hear from them occasionally, as most fans probably don't have a clue what they do day to day. Judging by the first team performances, nothing ground breaking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Robinson interviews far better than Nielson in my opinion. You can tell from the way Robinson interviews his passion for the game and motivational qualities. Nielson on the other hand is duller than the football his team serve up.

Arsene Wenger is the dullest interview subject around. Rarely shows passion, at pitchside or on TV. He's done OK as a coach though.

I'm not saying Nielson is good (or bad). Just that passion and verbosity don't necessarily = top coach/manager.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am 
RedDotDon wrote:
So you’re a quitter.

If you can’t support us when we lose or draw, don’t support us when we win.

I've been to countless games home and away over the years, through thick and thin, but at least the football was entertaining most of the time, a good team spirit and a connection between the fans and club. None of that exists right now.

Most of the players don't look like they give a shit, the manager has the charisma of a loaf of bread, the club's board and social media output seems completely out of touch with fans and fan concerns, and PW is one contradiction after another.

Why should fans hand over their hard earned cash for that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next