THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 am 
RedDotDon wrote:
We’ve had a year of unprededented change. To sack Neilson after a year would be completely idiotic and pointless. I wish you’d see the bigger picture. KR had a woeful start to the season in his first season with a considerably bigger budget.

This season's budget is the biggest we've EVER had at this level. That's according to someone working at the club.

KR also took over a squad that wasn't his, and only made a couple of signings that summer (Martin, Balanta and Mackenzie), yet turned it round and got to the playoffs.

Neilson took over a squad that wasn't his, yet completely gutted the squad in the summer, brought in players using our biggest ever L1 budget, and now we're playing as badly as KR's side was at the end of last season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
One thing I noticed, is that when we have the ball, there rarely seems to be anyone to pass to. We constantly resort to hoofing it up field.

Also, yesterday we were getting completely overrun in midfield. Nielson should have noticed this straight away and changed tactics, but he didnt.

That’s a contradiction. If we are completely overrun in midfield, a change in tactic is to avoid midfield and send it over the top, either down the lines or up the middle. What would you do instead?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
We’ve had a year of unprededented change. To sack Neilson after a year would be completely idiotic and pointless. I wish you’d see the bigger picture. KR had a woeful start to the season in his first season with a considerably bigger budget.

This season's budget is the biggest we've EVER had at this level. That's according to someone working at the club.

KR also took over a squad that wasn't his, and only made a couple of signings that summer (Martin, Balanta and Mackenzie), yet turned it round and got to the playoffs.

Neilson took over a squad that wasn't his, yet completely gutted the squad in the summer, brought in players using our biggest ever L1 budget, and now we're playing as badly as KR's side was at the end of last season.

Surely a complete squad overhaul is reason enough to allow Neilson the time to implement his style of play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:50 am 
RedDotDon wrote:
Surely a complete squad overhaul is reason enough to allow Neilson the time to implement his style of play.

He's had long enough. They train nearly every day of the week for hours every day. Some of these players have been with Neilson since last December. It's implementing a style of football, not studying neuroscience. If anything, it's fairly clear that Neilson has implemented his style and it's just not working.

Don't think anyone can hand on heart say that given time, our football under Neilson is going to improve to the extent that we're good enough for the Championship.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:51 am 

Difference with Karl Robinson was that he was a young bright coach who despite talking a good game knew what was best to do for a new career.
Surrounded himself with experienced pros. Didi Hamann, Ian Wright, John Gorman, Robbie Fowler and Alex Rae were all here at one point in his first season to help and give advice. When he was lost he was honest and got help.

Neilson has 2 coaches nobody has ever heard speak. Not an interview and you barely see them about even on the touch line.

Karl also had Luke Chadwick, Aaron Wilbraham and Jermaine Easter for the first half, Shaun O’Hanlon, Dean Lewington, Sam Baldock, Peter Leven, Jemal Johnson, Mathias-Kouo Doumbe, Jude Stirling, Jabo Ibehre and Dan Powell. Not all great players but at least he took time assembling a squad and built it instead of throwing everyone out straight away and bringing in 15 new faces with no connection to the club. He made it gradual and it worked. Even if we didn’t have a great start in 2010 we had great moments and a team ethic that was actually believable from the start and a buzz around the place that thins were always on the up.

Everything seems so miserable right now. From the stands to the pitch the the manager on the touch line being as dismal and boring as you can fucking get. Barely see the Ladybit or his non existing coaching staff break a smile.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

He's had long enough. They train nearly every day of the week for hours every day. Some of these players have been with Neilson since last December. It's implementing a style of football, not studying neuroscience. If anything, it's fairly clear that Neilson has implemented his style and it's just not working.

Don't think anyone can hand on heart say that given time, our football under Neilson is going to improve to the extent that we're good enough for the Championship.

Neilson’s going to be here for a couple of seasons yet. We need to do more to support the players too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 am 
Alby wrote:
Barely see the Ladybit or his non existing coaching staff break a smile.

:lol:

True though, literally have no idea what the likes of 'Stevie Crawford' and 'Neil Macfarlane' do. I had to google who our assistant manager/coaches were just now.

I've seen more of that sports science bloke and Edu Rubio giving interviews and showing their faces than those other two.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:56 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

Neilson’s going to be here for a couple of seasons yet. We need to do more to support the players too.

If Neilson will be here for a "couple of seasons" then I fucking won't be

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am 
RedDotDon wrote:

I can guarantee if Neilson is still here next season and we're still languishing in mid-table mediocrity or worse playing the type of football we do at the moment, I won't be here, and nor will quite a few other supporters.

The players look about as inspired and happy as fans do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:
Barely see the Ladybit or his non existing coaching staff break a smile.

:lol:

True though, literally have no idea what the likes of 'Stevie Crawford' and 'Neil Macfarlane' do. I had to google who our assistant manager/coaches were just now.

I've seen more of that sports science bloke and Edu Rubio giving interviews and showing their faces than those other two.

He needs to start using the "send assistant" football manager option more often.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next