THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 am 

60 minutes with out any attempt on goal, whether that be on target, off target or blocked, at home to a team below us in the league is simply unacceptable. In fact, its embarrassing. I've never been so bored watching football in all my life.

Our league position flatters us, we are not good enough to be mid table. I can't remember a league game where we have been the better team, even in the games we have won. Every team we play against has had countless more chances than us and we have somehow come away with a result.

Nielson needs to go. There is absolutely no sign of any improvement at all and I feel completely disheartened. So bored of watching this style of football. If it got results, then fair enough but it isn't.

Also, the passing yesterday was disgraceful. Every time we got a sniff of the ball we couldnt even do the basics right. Something is seriously wrong with this team at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:33 am 

Gers wrote:
Last night was simply appalling. 'Real' football fans, both on this forum and others, can bang on about the lower leagues 'till they're blue in the face. That was totally unacceptable.

No mid-field. A striker up-front that was so anonymous that we were almost playing with ten men. Constantly loosing out on second balls, the list could take up the rest of this thread on its own.

The irony of employing such a defensively minded manager, while being unable to keep a clean sheet, hopefully won't have gone unnoticed in the stands.

And speaking of the stands. At one point last night I happened to glance around me. The amount of folk on their phones, or quite literally looking around themselves was the most telling thing about the whole game. When you've had a stressful couple of days at work, including a phone call at the gates of the stadium, you look forward to a couple of hours of escape from the tediousness of everyday life. At one point last night I was desperate for my office to call. If only to add some excitement.

The decline in this club in the space of two seasons is a worrying sign. I have absolutely no idea what the long term plan is anymore.

I can't for the life of me think that Pete can be happy with what's going on.

This

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 am 
Gers wrote:
Last night was simply appalling. 'Real' football fans, both on this forum and others, can bang on about the lower leagues 'till they're blue in the face. That was totally unacceptable.

No mid-field. A striker up-front that was so anonymous that we were almost playing with ten men. Constantly loosing out on second balls, the list could take up the rest of this thread on its own.

The irony of employing such a defensively minded manager, while being unable to keep a clean sheet, hopefully won't have gone unnoticed in the stands.

And speaking of the stands. At one point last night I happened to glance around me. The amount of folk on their phones, or quite literally looking around themselves was the most telling thing about the whole game. When you've had a stressful couple of days at work, including a phone call at the gates of the stadium, you look forward to a couple of hours of escape from the tediousness of everyday life. At one point last night I was desperate for my office to call. If only to add some excitement.

The decline in this club in the space of two seasons is a worrying sign. I have absolutely no idea what the long term plan is anymore.

I can't for the life of me think that Pete can be happy with what's going on.

FilthyDon likes this.

Only thing I can think is that Pete is just saving face after spending so long looking for a manager, saying he didn't want a reputation as a 'hirer and firer' and after apparently promising Neilson time. I like Pete a lot, but there will come a time when fans will start to turn on him, and attendances will drop even more.

Pete has contradicted himself anyway with Neilson - Pete said "we have a certain way of playing" and that he wanted a manager that 'gets us' and will continue to push our footballing philosophy, yet hires a guy that is almost anti-football, and his tactics simply aren't paying off.

I also see the irony of being such a defence-minded manager, and now frequently conceding early goals and having a defence that makes so many basic errors. He can't even get that right, so we're inadequate and at best mediocre at both ends now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 am 

I think lots of us need to wake up to the fact that we’re just a bang average League One side with no money.

We can’t have exciting campaigns all the time, we have to take good with the bad.

This is our level. Take away the stadium, and we’re no different to the Rochdale’s and Oldham’s of this league.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
I think lots of us need to wake up to the fact that we’re just a bang average League One side with no money.

We can’t have exciting campaigns all the time, we have to take good with the bad.

This is our level. Take away the stadium, and we’re no different to the Rochdale’s and Oldham’s of this league.

I would still expect a bang average League One team to be able to pass the ball to feet. Rochdale and Oldham are both currently playing better football than us.

We're performing like a bang average conference south team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Wow what a supporter you are #Neilsonin

I agree, I'm a great supporter. I'm also incredibly bored of Neilson and incredibly bored of going to Stadium:MK to watch this shit. I've been a season ticket holder since the Dons showed up in MK, I'm 21 now and I'm seriously considering not renewing for next season for the first time. I have absolutely no desire to go anymore, I don't even really celebrate when we score anymore, because who cares? There's no excitement at all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am 
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Wow what a supporter you are #Neilsonin

I agree, I'm a great supporter. I'm also incredibly bored of Neilson and incredibly bored of going to Stadium:MK to watch this shit. I've been a season ticket holder since the Dons showed up in MK, I'm 21 now and I'm seriously considering not renewing for next season for the first time. I have absolutely no desire to go anymore, I don't even really celebrate when we score anymore, because who cares? There's no excitement at all.

You should post more BCS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 am 

I forgot my password :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 am 
RedDotDon wrote:

Maybe so, but fan expectation is that we are better than that, especially after a recent season in the Championship. 99% of sides relegated from the Championship last few seasons have either gone straight back up or are firmly in the top 6 of this league.

Pete has said numerous times he wants to get back up to the Championship, and that he has long term Prem ambitions. Neilson himself said he was aiming not only for promotion, but to win the league. Why shouldn't fans be disappointed if we aren't coming close to achieving that?

We have a healthy budget for this level (regardless of what some have said, we are firmly a top 6 budget team in this league and have been for a while. Not many could afford to pay or sign the likes of Sow, Gilbey, Agard etc.

We apparently have a good squad of players for this level (most ex-Championship, and have won numerous promotions), yet we are playing like an non-league side and mediocre. That has to be down to the manager and his tactics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

Maybe so, but fan expectation is that we are better than that, especially after a recent season in the Championship. 99% of sides relegated from the Championship last few seasons have either gone straight back up or are firmly in the top 6 of this league.

Pete has said numerous times he wants to get back up to the Championship, and that he has long term Prem ambitions. Neilson himself said he was aiming not only for promotion, but to win the league. Why shouldn't fans be disappointed if we aren't coming close to achieving that?

We have a healthy budget for this level (regardless of what some have said, we are firmly a top 6 budget team in this league and have been for a while. Not many could afford to pay or sign the likes of Sow, Gilbey, Agard etc.

We apparently have a good squad of players for this level (most ex-Championship, and have won numerous promotions), yet we are playing like an non-league side and mediocre. That has to be down to the manager and his tactics.

We’ve had a year of unprededented change. To sack Neilson after a year would be completely idiotic and pointless. I wish you’d see the bigger picture. KR had a woeful start to the season in his first season with a considerably bigger budget.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next