THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 am 
Warwickdons wrote:
Wow there's nothing like getting behind your side, and that's nothing like it, get a grip, support not moan, absolutely unbelievable, no one's going to miss you lot either, bugger off and take your negative shit with you!

Warwickdons wrote:
Ps that was an absolute crock of crap first half though, and the ref was appalling.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Wow there's nothing like getting behind your side, and that's nothing like it, get a grip, support not moan, absolutely unbelievable, no one's going to miss you lot either, bugger off and take your negative shit with you!

Hold on, I’ve not said I’m not behind the team or Robbie, it was a bloody awful show tonight nobody can say otherwise, we were far inferior to Southend from start to finish, I still roared my support for them throughout the match like most did

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 am 

That was fucking shit tonight. Im going to watch my local town team next at home (biggleswade town fc) because a it only costs £9 for 2 and b I need a break from this, its really affecting my love of the game. Im an avid dons fan, I dont support any other professional club in any way but its got to the point its infuriating feeling disconnected and voiceless. Where the hell is pete and his rallying cries? It is aganosing spending £30 a week on public transport, taking 6 bus rides on match day at around 6 hours of stop start travel time to find it isnt the most boring and tedious thing in the matchday experience, the football is. So frustrating knowing it has to get even shitter before there will be any change and it gets better. So yes, im taking a break for a few weeks for now and having a football free weekend before going to watch biggleswade in the evo stik southern premier which I hope will give me a renewed appreciation for what ive endured at the dons for approaching 2 years of utter crap off the back of years of being spoilt by highs and enjoyment.

I repeat, its not the results its the boring, negative, unimaginative football thats put me right off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:48 am 

Slow sideways and backwards passing with no purpose, no creativity no imagination apart perhaps from Rab who incidentally is going to play at a higher level at some point in his career. Even Nicholls distribution is slow, it’s almost like going back to Martin under Robbo, several opportunities to try and hit them on the break but no, stand with the ball wait for them to all get back into position then roll it to Wootton who can then pass it three yards sideways etc. Southend on the other hand, virtually every pass they made was forward and with a purpose, they were quicker,hungrier, closing us down immediately, With better finishing they would have been out of sight by halftime.

So, people say you can’t blame the manager, why? He sets the team up to play in a certain way, it cannot just be the players have all decided ignore him and play like this. I really do want Robbie to succeed but I just can’t see it, yet another low attendance for a cheap price, I didn’t even see the attendance announced last night, surely Pete has to be seeing the same as us and must be worried as this is seriously damaging the club.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:54 am 

Greg wrote:
The referee had a stinker tonight.

Too many stray passes and slow reactions tonight.

I was worried for Chuks at half time taking a battering - just from the role he was playing. Thought he would come off then and surprised he lasted the 90. He’s a very effective target man at times, it’s just not good to watch.

McGrandles isn’t ready for the first team yet.

Just lots of stuff really

Weird. I thought McGrandles was motm and looked very assured on the ball

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 am 
Kempstondons6 wrote:
I really do want Robbie to succeed but I just can’t see it, yet another low attendance for a cheap price, I didn’t even see the attendance announced last night, surely Pete has to be seeing the same as us and must be worried as this is seriously damaging the club.

Taking out the away support, there were apparently 6,997 in the home end.

I don't know if it's true, but heard we have 6,500 season ticket holders (no doubt many of them kids paying nothing). This club is going downhill, but what does Pete expect after 2 seasons of disappointment, mediocrity and poor judgement from him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 am 

Warwickdons wrote:

You say no one will miss us but you'll be feeling a bit shit when there's only 5000 in the stadium next season once we've left

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:19 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

You say no one will miss us but you'll be feeling a bit shit when there's only 5000 in the stadium next season once we've left

Doubt there were more than 5000 last night tbh, God knows what next season is going to be like!