THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Growing Unity
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:
So of our first team squad of 26 (I’ve taken out Tshibola and Furlong), of which only 4 are now loanees which ones clearly don’t want to be playing for us?

It's probably easier to say the ones that look like they want to be here - Nesbitt, Gilbey, Agard and Brittain.

The rest, at best look indifferent. That's not to say that ALL of the other squad members don't care, just those are the ones that have shown a bit of passion and look like they give 100% each and every game. Pretty sure Muirhead isn't happy here.

Maybe I've got it wrong, that's just the perception I have when watching. Been that way most of the season.

Trouble is how different does someone look when they don't want to be here or when they are suffering a loss of form and lack of confidence?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
We as fans need to get behind the team, we have all been quilty of not backing the side this season, we have a duty to support the players, like Saturday, they responded too, the fact the fans got behind Agard last week when he was subbed, showed when he came on Saturday, he knows he's underperformed this season, he was a man on a mission.
But the unity between fans and players was so clear on Saturday, need to bring this to every game, come on cowshed, over to you!

Agree with pretty much every word. I can't make tonight as I'm working, would be interesting to hear if that 'unity' is on display tonight. My personal opinion is even when we're winning games our home crowd spend more time worrying about getting to their cars and making negative comments about players than actually trying to give any support. For those who sit grumbling to yourselves or those around you who are going tonight, remember you're watching division 3 football. Passes will be misplaced, shots will go out for throw ins and the defence will look shambolic on occasion, hold in your sighs and make your cheers/ claps extra loud to compensate!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm 
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Trouble is how different does someone look when they don't want to be here or when they are suffering a loss of form and lack of confidence?

True

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:
So of our first team squad of 26 (I’ve taken out Tshibola and Furlong), of which only 4 are now loanees which ones clearly don’t want to be playing for us?

It's probably easier to say the ones that look like they want to be here - Nesbitt, Gilbey, Agard and Brittain.

The rest, at best look indifferent.
That's not to say that ALL of the other squad members don't care, just those are the ones that have shown a bit of passion and look like they give 100% each and every game. Pretty sure Muirhead isn't happy here.

Maybe I've got it wrong, that's just the perception I have when watching. Been that way most of the season.

Chuks?
Nicholls?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm 
Aliramone wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:

The rest, at best look indifferent.
That's not to say that ALL of the other squad members don't care, just those are the ones that have shown a bit of passion and look like they give 100% each and every game. Pretty sure Muirhead isn't happy here.

Chuks?
Nicholls?

CHUKS ANEKE BABY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
As i say, I've never seen a Dons player not show commitment. I've seen plenty play badly. People often confuse the two.

Tshibola? Banton?
There are plenty examples of players looking like they would rather be anywhere else than on the pitch.

So much this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm 

If this first half against Southend is anything to go by, we have not improved at all. Shockingly shit is an understatement. Embarrassing to watch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 pm 
LouisMKD wrote:
If this first half against Southend is anything to go by, we have not improved at all. Shockingly shit is an understatement. Embarrassing to watch

This is my point, people think everything is suddenly okay just because we beat Fleetwood and struggle to get a point at Charlton.

We simply are not good enough. Either the players/squad or the manager. And it's easier to replace the manager.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 am 

I dunno about that. Im feeling more disconnected and disenchanted than ever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:

We didn't lose though.
And..............always look.... ;)