THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:21 pm 

Quite interesting reading, I always thought we were one of the cheapest to watch but not according to this..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:36 pm 

Mental distress and emotional heartache.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm 

I don’t think it’s too bad, that article is assuming you buy pies, tea, programmes etc etc at every game.

The season ticket price is fair in my opinion and we have a decent stadium with good facilities

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I don’t think it’s too bad, that article is assuming you buy pies, tea, programmes etc etc at every game.

The season ticket price is fair in my opinion and we have a decent stadium with good facilities

Yes I agree, can you imagine being a posh or Gillingham fan paying more than us to sit/stand in their shithole grounds and Southend!? Let’s not even go there

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 pm 

I have to say that the reasons I've jacked in my ST aren't financial in any way. I never felt like it was bad value for money. I think the value is pretty good for what it is, even if the football itself is lacking at times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 pm 

My season ticket costs me a lot less than £312 . i think as a senior it cost just over £200

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm 

Bradford have the right idea, £150 for adults and £50 for kids and concessions, I'm convinced this would bring in more fans, more buy more merchandise, food, drink and programmes, surely it would make sense, more fans in the stadium equals better atmosphere, I'm sure I'll get told it can't be done due to too young a fan base.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Bradford have the right idea, £150 for adults and £50 for kids and concessions, I'm convinced this would bring in more fans, more buy more merchandise, food, drink and programmes, surely it would make sense, more fans in the stadium equals better atmosphere, I'm sure I'll get told it can't be done due to too young a fan base.

Most clubs it would work. Not here. We couldn't even double the crowd for the Bolton game when we were literally giving tickets away.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 pm 

Dan wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Most clubs it would work. Not here. We couldn't even double the crowd for the Bolton game when we were literally giving tickets away.

Agreed but still need to try something, I feel people who were stalwart supporters are slowly drifting away, I don't think it'll get much lower than it is now, but unless there is investment in the football side of things or cheaper tickets, nothing will change

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

The Ryanair model. Would it work for us when we run out of simple food stuffs every match and the queues are atrocious for 1/3 full?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next