THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:45 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE RESULTS & REVIEWFLEETWOOD TOWN
A definite improvement seemed to be the feeling on the forum last night, well I guess sticking three points in the account helps, but yes, there were signs that things are heading in the right direction.

I can’t really think of any panics at the back, although I’m still not sure what the best set up is across the back three or four, and I’m not sure Neilson is either, Nicholls had little to do, other than collect a few crosses, and excellently push over a Devante Cole header which we subsequently learnt was off side, but he didn’t know that at the time and I thought he looked very assured. I just wonder if Nicholls is considered by the diehard David Martin fans as possibly the better keeper now.

Collectively I think that’s about the best our midfield has played this season, Pawlett, Gilbey and Upson all impressing, very industrious at recycling the ball, and some of Gilbey’s 40-yard passes to feet are Potteresque.

Chuks continues to get stronger but he requires a foil up front, and for some reason Agard is just not cutting it, his work rate is fantastic, whether he’s making the wrong choices, or our midfield is not creating enough for his game I don’t know, but it’s starting to get the feel of a Nicky Maynard type season, which in turn would suggest it’s not the player but our style of play, let’s face it, we’ve had a long line of strikers that have failed to break wind never mind the back of the net......but there are always exceptions to any rule, Afobe and Grigg testament to that, let’s hope Sow hurry’s back.

So, not much else to report, it was a workmanlike win, and I think I’m correct in saying our first league win against a team placed higher in the league than us, manage to get something out of Charlton next week and the light at the end of the tunnel will look a lot closer.

Ok......APL time, well there was an avalanche of points for this game with 15 people selecting Chuks to hit the opening and winning goal, they all get 10 points, most coupled that with a Dons win but with the wrong scoreline increasing their points to 12, and three more got the maximum 15 points by predicting Chuks and a 1-0 win, so congratulations to Camdenite, Blodwyn and MK59DON, and they also get a mention in the APL Hall of Fame.

At the top of the table it’s all change, with MK59DON leapfrogging the pack to take the top spot, Camdenite goes second and the likes of Southstander and kempstondons6 are left licking their wounds.... both predicted a Dons defeat...............shame on you!!

In total 27 people added to their points total, and 221 points were scored for this game.

The Charlton thread will possibly be out later today, but failing that tomorrow morning.

Keep ‘em peeled!

8-) WellDon

APL Hall of Fame
3 – MK59DON
2 – Southstander, Camdenite, Blodwyn
1 – mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Scribble, Peterr, Greg

APL League Table 2017/18
59 POINTS – MK59DON
57 POINTS - Camdenite
53 POINTS – Southstander, SG19 Cowshed das Boot
52 PONTS – kempstondons6
48 POINTS – Scribble, Bloxham Don
47 POINTS – Woburn, Nobbydon, familymkdonsfan
44 POINTS - Sparky
42 POINTS – epdon
40 POINTS - FilthyDon
37 POINTS - Greg
35 POINTS – Just A Don, Blodwyn