THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MK - Northampton
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:28 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
I’m not sure Robbie’s comments about last Friday taking out a lot from us mentally. We had that extra day’s rest over Northampton and that should have given us the edge over them. It looked far from it in terms of energy levels though.

He said 'mentally'. That's not the same as physically.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
I’m not sure Robbie’s comments about last Friday taking out a lot from us mentally. We had that extra day’s rest over Northampton and that should have given us the edge over them. It looked far from it in terms of energy levels though.

He said 'mentally'. That's not the same as physically.

Yes, I know that. The net result was the same though; lethargic and a lack of sharpness wasn’t it? Would players who hadn’t been though the emotional strain of getting a result down there been able to give us that 5% extra? That was more the point I was making.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 pm 

Alby wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:
A poor game by two average teams. I felt that we probably shaded it possession wise, but couldnt create any proper chances. I didnt really see the penalty shout, as I was too busy yawning. To make matters worse, due to a quick hospital visit, I ended up driving down, so couldnt have a drink. And you had ran out of hot food before half time. Great.
One other thing, who guesses your official attendance? Never 11,000. :lol:

Camden ire will educate you otherwise. Biggest issue with such a big stadiums is that those attendances never look right. Take away that empty top tier and lower the roof and everyone will be content that is 11,000
Im not convinced mate, but Im not here to argue.
Back to the game, last night was better from us, as we didnt resort to hoofball, as we would under Edinburgh. I think that Jimmys making steady progress, and that can only be a positive. As for you, I just felt that you didnt press enough, and only looked dangerous on the break. And Ash Taylor dealt with most of that. All in all, a pretty non descript sort of game, that neither team deserved to win, and neither goalie looked really troubled. Roll on Jan 20th. We hopefully will have a couple of strikers in, and some proper width. I think that I saw enough last night to say that we will be seeing each other again in 2018/19.
Best of luck with the new forum boys, I shall be back in January.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
Alby wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:
A poor game by two average teams. I felt that we probably shaded it possession wise, but couldnt create any proper chances. I didnt really see the penalty shout, as I was too busy yawning. To make matters worse, due to a quick hospital visit, I ended up driving down, so couldnt have a drink. And you had ran out of hot food before half time. Great.

Camden ire will educate you otherwise. Biggest issue with such a big stadiums is that those attendances never look right. Take away that empty top tier and lower the roof and everyone will be content that is 11,000
Back to the game, last night was better from us, as we didnt resort to hoofball, as we would under Edinburgh. I think that Jimmys making steady progress, and that can only be a positive. As for you, I just felt that you didnt press enough, and only looked dangerous on the break. And Ash Taylor dealt with most of that. All in all, a pretty non descript sort of game, that neither team deserved to win, and neither goalie looked really troubled. Roll on Jan 20th. We hopefully will have a couple of strikers in, and some proper width. I think that I saw enough last night to say that we will be seeing each other again in 2018/19.

Didn't resort to long ball? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm 

Greg wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:
Alby wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:

Didn't resort to long ball? :lol:

Not as much as us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
Alby wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:

Who was your #29? Good player.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 pm 

Lots of good words said but I am surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the excellent save Nicholls made from a Bowditch shot about 10 minutes before FT. Bowditch used his experience to find space too often and in this instance he drove a low shot which was curling into Nicholls bottom left hand corner. I was sitting in line with his shot and it had "goal" written all over it, but somehow Nicholls got to it and had the strong wrists needed to push it aside. Yet again we thank Nicholls for getting us something from a game.
A draw was a pretty fair result but if there had to be a winner then Northampton deserved it more than us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 pm 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Lots of good words said but I am surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the excellent save Nicholls made from a Bowditch shot about 10 minutes before FT. Bowditch used his experience to find space too often and in this instance he drove a low shot which was curling into Nicholls bottom left hand corner. I was sitting in line with his shot and it had "goal" written all over it, but somehow Nicholls got to it and had the strong wrists needed to push it aside. Yet again we thank Nicholls for getting us something from a game.
A draw was a pretty fair result but if there had to be a winner then Northampton deserved it more than us.

That's a pretty fair analysis.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:59 am 

inspector gadget wrote:
Alby wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:

You have to remember gadget that one block in our lower tier holds as many as either of your two ends or there abouts. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:07 am 

Camdenite wrote:

With that in mind, last night really should have seen Robbie shake up the selection a little. Upson, Muirhead, Agard & Nesbitt would have given us a lot more energy in the final third to start the game. We have a squad. We should have used it in circumstances like last night.

Another slight concern was how easily Sow was contained last night. Barnett stuck to him like glue and he was as ineffective as I’ve seen him so far.

Another bit I didn't get was he said something like keeping another clean sheet and we haven't lost for some time? Erm posh two weeks ago?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next