THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 am 

I loved the L2 but have fond memories of some of the Championship season: mainly the away games at Rotherham, Derby & Forest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 am 

dons50 wrote:
I’d like to watch the highest standard of football possible. Wanting to be successful at a lower level is a form of dumbing down.

I’d prefer my team to be winning games, but even if they’re not, I want to watch better players.

I find myself agreeing with you (shock) only difference between me and you is you enjoy watching a good game with the outcome second, I want to win every game and would put up with the occasional bad performance if we still won. Like you though I have absolutely zero interest in getting relegated and watching lower level football just so as we can win. I would prefer us to aim higher and play at the standard of higher level teams in a higher league.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am 

donmentor wrote:
Current form projections indicate a final total of 55 points. Enough to avoid the drop, but only just.

Surely, if all the teams maintain their current form, we all end up exactly where we are at the moment?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm 

epdon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Current form projections indicate a final total of 55 points. Enough to avoid the drop, but only just.

Surely, if all the teams maintain their current form, we all end up exactly where we are at the moment?

It is also based on fixtures remaining and the clubs we have left to play. The big factor is January. We might buy well and climb the league. Yes, if we play as badly with the squad we have I would be entitled to believe it, but as this is a rehash of a thing that was put up after 6 games when the window closed. It is bollocks and it is just something to do whilst Sky Sports wait for England to lose tonight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 pm 
keyser soze wrote:
I loved the L2 but have fond memories of some of the Championship season: mainly the away games at Rotherham, Derby & Forest.

Likewise, both leagues were more enjoyable than mid-table mediocrity in League 1. Derby away was great, packed out and decent atmosphere from both sets of fans.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm 

epdon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

If ALL teams maintain current form then obviously you are correct. My projection is just for us doing so, irrespective of anyone else. 55 points would avoid relegation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 pm 

epdon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

Not necessarily. Some teams have played more teams above them than below them. Some teams have played the hard teams away and will have it easier when they play them at home. There are many variables.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 pm 

don't know if this method takes it into account, but according to 'expected goals' we are one of the worst teams in the league.

https://experimental361.com/2017/10/29/ ... -oct-2017/

for those that don't know, expected goals measures the likelihood of each shot resulting in a goal based on location, type of shot etc. the point is that teams can be lucky or unlucky over short spans and this is a fairer reflection of the actual balance of games than which team has taken its chances.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:49 pm 
Fans are probably confident because we beat an eighth-tier side 4-0, and then beat Oxford in a competition nobody cares about.

I just hope PW isn't going to ignore our league form, and if things don't improve very soon we really need to be getting someone else in, if anything to keep us up and turn our form around.

Posted in another thread, but our league position, points tally, goals scored/conceded is very close to what Coventry were doing at the same stage last season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Fans are probably confident because we beat an eighth-tier side 4-0, and then beat Oxford in a competition nobody cares about.

I just hope PW isn't going to ignore our league form, and if things don't improve very soon we really need to be getting someone else in, if anything to keep us up and turn our form around.

Posted in another thread, but our league position, points tally, goals scored/conceded is very close to what Coventry were doing at the same stage last season.

There is no way Pete will sack Robbie before the end of the season, and even then it’s unlikely.

You’ve seen the report from the fans’ forum. One thing that attracted Robbie was the time and loyalty given to managers at MK.