THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tshibola
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:49 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:
He started off quite well. I was impressed to be honest. But he quickly went down hill. His last couple of games for us were frankly an embarrassment.

It's in the best interests of both parties that he leaves. Getting the type of criticism he was receiving didn't do him any favours.

If you cant take criticism then there is something wrong with you. If you don't act and improve on said criticism then there is definitely something wrong .

That's not how many human beings work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:
He started off quite well. I was impressed to be honest. But he quickly went down hill. His last couple of games for us were frankly an embarrassment.

It's in the best interests of both parties that he leaves. Getting the type of criticism he was receiving didn't do him any favours.

If you cant take criticism then there is something wrong with you. If you don't act and improve on said criticism then there is definitely something wrong .

Maybe not how you work, but that's how I do. But then I am not an over paid footballer am I. I realise that if I don't do well in my job and I am criticised then I need to change it. No fucker else is going to change it for me are they?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:

Maybe not how you work, but that's how I do. But then I am not an over paid footballer am I. I realise that if I don't do well in my job and I am criticised then I need to change it. No fucker else is going to change it for me are they?

I wonder if you might respond better to encouragement. Many do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:

Thing is D50 I agree with what you are saying, i’m Not someone that responds well to being shouted and bawled at, quite the opposite in fact and I speak from experience but do you really think that a professional football club such as ours wouldn’t have tried different ways?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:

And then what if that doesn't work? I don't buy into that. I believe I have said this to you before if it is unjust criticism then fine you have a right to be pissed off. But with Tshibola he isn't unjustified as he has been crap. I don't see Neilson being the person doing the critising. It is probably "journalists" within the local rags.

I made a lot of mistakes in my job this time last year. I was told to buck up my ideas or face disciplinary and that my mistakes were silly. Now that is not the pat on the bum you are saying it was the stark reality that I needed to sort my shit out and turn a corner, which I did. That is criticism not praise. Encouragement only works to a point. If it is tangible and put in front of me what my dicking around does to the business as a whole then I worked harder to stop it.

Plus he is in the public eye. People will criticise you at every turn. If he is so precious then maybe football wasn't the right thing for him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:

Thing is D50 I agree with what you are saying, i’m Not someone that responds well to being shouted and bawled at, quite the opposite in fact and I speak from experience but do you really think that a professional football club such as ours wouldn’t have tried different ways?

Criticising isn't just "shouting and bawling". Constructive criticism is saying this is what you could do better in line with your peers and that is my point. You cant just use one or the other you have to use both. It is a business at the end of the day not a hippie commune!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm 

I don't know if he's precious or not. My comments are more general than based on Tshibola.

In football, form comes and goes and it's normally in proportion to confidence. I don't believe you make talented people more confident by criticizing them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:28 pm 

dons50 wrote:
I don't know if he's precious or not. My comments are more general than based on Tshibola.

In football, form comes and goes and it's normally in proportion to confidence. I don't believe you make talented people more confident by criticizing them.

Am I allowed to criticise you on your American spelling of criticise? Unless you are American then fill your boots!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Am I allowed to criticise you on your American spelling of criticise? Unless you are American then fill your boots!

Yes you are. :D My defence is that I typed it right but my phone spell checker changed it. However, I should have checked it before I submitted. I accept your criticism.

You make a valid point that criticism can help in certain situations. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:43 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Yes you are. :D My defence is that I typed it right but my phone spell checker changed it. However, I should have checked it before I submitted. I accept your criticism.

You make a valid point that criticism can help in certain situations. Thank you.

:lol: :lol: I had to check the dictionary that I was spelling it right. Look, we are going to agree to disagree on this subject, but for whatever reason Tshibola is gone and was very poor. Thing is I am guessing Villa will get rid of him ASAP. I get the feeling that it was last chance saloon for him from a Villa POV, which is a shame.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next