THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm 

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the guys who had the idea to set up the Go fund me page, Hyde United is run by volunteers who had spent the last two weeks getting everything ready for the game last Friday all unpaid and all sacrificing family and work time on what should of been a great night.

We were absolutely gutted at what went on on Friday myself and some of the Directors spent all the second half and some most of the game in the MK Dons end where we found all the visiting supporters were a good bunch and a credit to your Team, we have already had names and footage given to us by genuine Hyde fans who like the rest of us were embarrassed by the actions of those who came down for a jolly,too be fair to the fans we see week in week out they took up positions at the segregated area to form a barrier between the the sets of fans which helped diffuse the situation as they like us were embarrased.

Its a long time since Hyde fans had seen this stage of the FA Cup so to have it spoilt by the idiots who turned up we can only apologise to yourselves and the real genuine fans of Hyde, one of the directors ordered and paid for 4 taxis to get some groups of fans to Piccadilly station and to their hotels we are also aware of a family of Milton Keynes fans who live up here and who had left at half time, we have made contact with this family this afternoon to invite them down to this Saturdays game where we will treat them all to a VIP day in the lounge and have the kids walk out with the team as mascots.

I can assure you that we will do everything we can to track down those wanting to spoil the night and with working with GMP and the FA will look at banning them from not only our stadium but any stadium we visit although after seeing photos and videos i can say i have never seen them at an Hyde game and probably will never again.

For the bad press MK Dons have had from fans from other clubs since you formed i can only say that the proof is in the pudding and every one of you are welcome anytime at Ewen Fields in the future, regardless of if you reach your target or not it is terrific gesture and will not be forgotten and would go some way to contributing to the expected big bill to replace the pitch section which you did not cause which means the gesture is even more magnificent.

Finally its mentioned in the forum we made a profit of £200k last year unfortunately that was fake news there is a big difference between turnover and profit if only we could make a £200K profit, best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season you certainly made a lot of friends up here.

Dazzler

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:25 pm 

Nice of you to post that Dazzler. Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm 
Thanks dazzler, good luck for the rest of the season.

Up to £610 at the moment, hoping we can get a few more spreading the word on Twitter/Facebook, pretty hopefuly of reaching £1k.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm 

A very nice message Dazzler, all the best for the future.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm 

What happened friday night was out of the blue and unfortunate but your response to the situation has been magnificent and you havent tried to brush it under the carpet ... excuse the pun.

You can add another donation to the pot monday as I will be contributing a small gesture.

Cant fault the genuine hyde fans and the club as a whole. Remember back a few years and your social media team were the highlight of social media in the face of your adversity.

Good luck recouping the costs of the damage, getting the pitch back to the immaculate condition it was and hopefully you see a good chunk of that prize purse to mount a bounce back up the leagues.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:13 pm 

Hi Dazzler,
If it was you wearing a black tracksuit running up and down those few steps were those crazy people were then your a brave man. Saw you pulling a parking cone out over the wall. I was aware of your volunteers and the efforts they put into getting things ready. Thanks to them for everything.
I heard over the tannoy that on police advice you had to close your Bar. Shame that had to happen as I am sure a few of your legit fans would have been wanting to meet up with others after the game.
Good luck to you all at Hyde for the future .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 pm 

Top chappie that Dazzler. Like the cut of his jib. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 pm 

dazzler wrote:

Finally its mentioned in the forum we made a profit of £200k last year unfortunately that was fake news there is a big difference between turnover and profit if only we could make a £200K profit, best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season you certainly made a lot of friends up here.

Dazzler

That was me, I don't recall where I read it but obviously I was wrong so I withdraw my comment. Best of luck going forward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm 

Still very impressed with Hyde, regardless of the idiot daytrippers!

Best of luck for the season. Will be looking out for your results.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm 

Good post Dazzler, thanks for that, shame your big night was ruined by idiots not affiliated to Hyde United