THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm 

Thank you Dazzler. Your post is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm 

Ditto to all the above Dazzler. I was not surprised at all to hear the flares were not thrown by Hyde "regulars." In an ideal world, they will be found out and jolly well contribute towards the cost of repairs. In the good old days, they would have spent a few days in the stocks ! That is real justice and righteousness. I fear they will just get a slap on the wrist by the Magistrate, akin to how soft and flabby criminal justice is in these liberal, politically correct days we live in.

Would be nice if somehow more of the football world heard about this gesture on our part too....and not everything coming out from MKD is "evil" !

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm 

On behalf of all Hyde United fans I'm posting to pass on our condolences at Dons' unfortunate competitive relocation next season (not wanting to use the R word). You obviously had a traumatic second half to the season, which comes under the heading of football being a funny old game.
I hope you won't take it amiss if I note that Hyde achieved promotion four weeks ago.
All the best for 18/19. Looking forward to us both using the P word 12 months from now.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:20 pm 

I noticed that. Congratulations.

Neilson, the manager who was in charge when we played you was an awful manager for us and got it all wrong.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 pm 

Mad Bill wrote:
On behalf of all Hyde United fans I'm posting to pass on our condolences at Dons' unfortunate competitive relocation next season (not wanting to use the R word). You obviously had a traumatic second half to the season, which comes under the heading of football being a funny old game.
I hope you won't take it amiss if I note that Hyde achieved promotion four weeks ago.
All the best for 18/19. Looking forward to us both using the P word 12 months from now.

Cheers you mad man. All the best for next s**son.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:09 pm 
Mad Bill wrote:

Likewise.

One of the Hyde directors told me late last year that there were discussions going on about a pre-season friendly between us and Hyde at Stadium MK this summer, but doesn't look like that's happening.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Mad Bill wrote:

Likewise.

One of the Hyde directors told me late last year that there were discussions going on about a pre-season friendly between us and Hyde at Stadium MK this summer, but doesn't look like that's happening.

we have forgotten you already hyde, hope you spent the cash wisely, like put the cash behind the bar and enjoy a pint

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:46 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Mad Bill wrote:

Likewise.

Can’t see that ever happening at stadiumMK. Their ground would’ve been more likely.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 am 

Alby wrote:
I noticed that. Congratulations.

Neilson, the manager who was in charge when we played you was an awful manager for us and got it all wrong.

It wasn’t great, his record this season until he was sacked was W12 D11 L14

But he couldn’t have got it ALL wrong, because we found a new manager who got even more wrong,
and relegated us with W3 D3 L10 then was sacked himself.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 am 

No we found a new manager who was a cheap option that couldn’t get the best out of the players and resurrect a disturbance in the dressing room. Another manager may have.

Apparently.

UTF