THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 pm
Posts: 31
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 516
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 387
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 451
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.


This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 516
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.


This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care


There are two types of loans:

1) Young and needs game time.

2) Just get his wages off the books. E.g. Shitbola.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 451
Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.


This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care


There are two types of loans:

1) Young and needs game time.

2) Just get his wages off the books. E.g. Shitbola.


Surely Tshimanga was number 1 not 2. I never thought he was shit, just needed a boost that a loan could provide.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 516
Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games


Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?


You could rotate the 5.


Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.


This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care


There are two types of loans:

1) Young and needs game time.

2) Just get his wages off the books. E.g. Shitbola.


Surely Tshimanga was number 1 not 2. I never thought he was shit, just needed a boost that a loan could provide.


Tshimanga was #1, Tshibola was #2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:07 am
Posts: 41
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
I think if Sunderland did bid it would have to be £1m+ surely. If half of that is reinvested in a replacement, we could get someone fairly decent for this level. It's just the timing issue. Think the club would just accept it and hope we stay up and then think again in the summer. It would be a shame as he has carried the team this season.


Take it from me - Sunderland do not have a pot to piss in. MK will be playing them next season if they stay up. Even if they sell NDong, it will likely be on an initial loan and they'll owe most of the money back to whoever they bought him from in the first place for 16m! Expect them to then come to us with a loan offer which I hope we tell them to stuff it.

As for Galloway, I'd love to see him back here and mentioned this a few weeks back. Could be exactly what he needs as it hasn't gone well for him at Sunderland - but then again Pique would struggle playing alongside dross like Steele, Kone and Rodwell.


It sounds like Sunderland have signed the young midfielder Ejaria from Liverpool on loan. Hopefully they won't want Chucks now. Phew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 48
Is there a rumour flying around, that we are after a league one striker that we are familiar about, could it be devante Cole , has Dan come across him at some point, another perhaps less lightly, Johnson Clarke-Harris .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], yorkie


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group