THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The Guardian and Sunderland Chronicle reporting that Sunderland are interested in Chuks :?

I would be tempted to cash in and go for someone more energetic, creative and mobile. Having him, sow, eel, cisse and wooton in the same team is killing us and I cant see suitors for the rest. Good player but a luxury player.

Id be sad to see him go but might be for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm 

Aneke leaving now would not give us sufficent time to get a replacement in. If he goes we can 100% not survive with what we have up front. It would probably confirm relegation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Aneke leaving now would not give us sufficent time to get a replacement in. If he goes we can 100% not survive with what we have up front. It would probably confirm relegation.

I agree unless there is a replacement being lined up behind the scenes. It could of course just be paper talk.?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:

But PW said he wouldn’t stand in his way if he wanted a move up

I agree though, that would be a nail in the coffin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm 
I think if Sunderland did bid it would have to be £1m+ surely. If half of that is reinvested in a replacement, we could get someone fairly decent for this level. It's just the timing issue. Think the club would just accept it and hope we stay up and then think again in the summer. It would be a shame as he has carried the team this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:19 pm 

Must say I wasn't surprised that PW left it so late to sack the old manager as it left the new one less time to buy suitable players. The club has previous of selling players too late in the window, giving no time to find suitable replacements. So here we go again a PW masterclass in cost cutting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Thing is, I think galloway sees himself (and Everton does too judging by the youth games he's played in) as a centre back, which would be perfect if we bring in both Tymon and Galloway.

Galloway as our new centreback? Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need back there?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles as usual?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 pm 

Sausage wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Thing is, I think galloway sees himself (and Everton does too judging by the youth games he's played in) as a centre back, which would be perfect if we bring in both Tymon and Galloway.

Galloway as our new centreback? Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need back there?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles as usual?

I mean perfect as in the positions we need. But even so, I can't see how a player that's got Premier League experience and has played with two very experienced centre backs (Jagielka and O'Shea) would be unexperienced. I'd be happier with him than I would any other player under 25.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 pm 

yorkie wrote:
Must say I wasn't surprised that PW left it so late to sack the old manager as it left the new one less time to buy suitable players. The club has previous of selling players too late in the window, giving no time to find suitable replacements. So here we go again a PW masterclass in cost cutting.

Yawn. How often has this rubbish been spouted? Refer back to eight zillion threads where this argument has been thoroughly dismantled.

But to make all the Spend, Spend, Spend people happy, maybe Pete is going to plant some money trees at Cosgrove.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 pm 

Hmmm. Tymon at LB. Galloway at LCB. Williams at RCB. Brittain at RB.
One step towards total football.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next