THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Thought the Niall McGinn rumour was a pure Twitter story, but apparently we are in with Aberdeen, Hearts, and Hibs. According to the Express and the Daily Record.

Can't see it. And presume he will be quite unfit.

The Express also think Dianna is still alive so I'll wait for a better source.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Thought the Niall McGinn rumour was a pure Twitter story, but apparently we are in with Aberdeen, Hearts, and Hibs. According to the Express and the Daily Record.

Daily Record right about Muirhead.....and Neilson himself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:57 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

The Daily Records source is the Daily Express, i don`t think we need a 30 year old unfit player, who flopped in South Korea, unless he`s coming for peanuts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

The Daily Records source is the Daily Express, i don`t think we need a 30 year old unfit player, who flopped in South Korea, unless he`s coming for peanuts

That's not the point I was making. The Daily Record was right before about us and targets.

So as sources go, it's as good as anything else we have got on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Very good player. Would prefer if he was an English 30 year old though. Fact he’s played in scotland makes him shit.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm 

Tbf my comment was bery tongue in cheek in regards to how much I defend Scottish football. I just find it kinda frustrating that some people jump to conclusions on Wikipedia links and make a weird assumption a player is not very appealing because he flopped in a country miles away from home and is 30?

Especially as it’s a player I’ve seen play a good few times and know for a fact he’s a good player. I don’t recall much about Muirhead other than what I was told and what I was told wasn’t great but was all about potential over what class he has now. And he hasn’t lived up to any yet. Whereas McGinn I know for a fact is at a good age. In the prime of his powers and is most of all a very good talent.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 pm 

Speaking of McGinn(s) there is one player from scotland id absolutely love to see from up there at MK Dons and that’s John McGinn from Hibs. I truly believe he is currently a better player than someone like Ben Reeves. I see him regularly and he’s a great player way too good for Hibs. And has the potential to really cut it in England. But as his Wiki stats aren’t amazing people would assume if we were linked with him he’d be a “uninspiring signing” who isn’t that good just based on what they see on online stats. I think seeing a player in the flesh is far more an indication than any stats base any player

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:56 pm 

Alby wrote:
...I think seeing a player in the flesh is far more an indication than any stats base any player

I agree. As a midfielder, Potter got few assists and goals and wouldn’t show up on the Filthmeter.

BTW Rooney added an assist to his stats over the weekend for missing that penalty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Alby wrote:
...I think seeing a player in the flesh is far more an indication than any stats base any player

I agree. As a midfielder, Potter got few assists and goals and wouldn’t show up on the Filthmeter.

BTW Rooney added an assist to his stats over the weekend for missing that penalty.

Wouldn't Potter register on balls received, passes & tackles made?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 pm 

Heard from a very vague source (Literally unsure why I’m even posting but hey slow news day) that Lewington could be off to Gills on loan... As I say vague source from someone who’s never got anything right and not heard it from anyone else. Would make no sense strengthening a team not far behind us in the league

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next