THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Not a single sniff of a rumour anywhere.

Anyone else thinking the club are going to leave most of our business until deadline day and fall short?

Probably our biggest need for players in years and we seem to be happy to be patient. What happened to getting players in and giving them time to gel, or are we just going to write off February and the rest of January for that purpose?

No doubt it will be a couple of loanees that we cant hang on to past the summer.

Let's look at last year.

19/1 Muirhead
20/1 Barnes
30/1 Ngombo
31/1 O'Keefe

It suggests late activity. Of course if we get a Barnes and an O'Keefe I wouldn't complain but they will have to hit the ground running. I didn't see the QPR game so I don't know how good Ugbo is but hopefully he'll deliver. Also Sow may finally get a string of games for us which will feel like a new signing.

We have signed two Academy players to the Senior team too.

Love the humour!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:29 pm 
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Anyone else thinking the club are going to leave most of our business until deadline day and fall short?

Probably our biggest need for players in years and we seem to be happy to be patient. What happened to getting players in and giving them time to gel, or are we just going to write off February and the rest of January for that purpose?

No doubt it will be a couple of loanees that we cant hang on to past the summer.

Any luck with finding a woman yet Filthy? That would pull you out of this pit of despondancy.

#swiperightforfilthy

MK Dons is my woman at the moment. We’re just having a rocky patch and she’s being a bitch and taking her time making important decisions.

I’m off to Morrisons to buy beer and whisky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Any luck with finding a woman yet Filthy? That would pull you out of this pit of despondancy.

#swiperightforfilthy

MK Dons is my woman at the moment. We’re just having a rocky patch and she’s being a bitch and taking her time making important decisions.

I’m off to Morrisons to buy beer and whisky.

I can see a domestic brewing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 pm 

A new rumour

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/16/po ... i-on-loan/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm 

Imagine the social media meltdown when we sign a player that can't get in the peterborough first team :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

Christ. If this guy can't get in a Peterborough side that lost to 9 men....they may as well relegate us now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
And Northampton signed yet another, again permanent, so that's 6 joined so far in January

A left back too. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
And Northampton signed yet another, again permanent, so that's 6 joined so far in January

Yes one that Rochdale are largely happy to see the back of. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Yes one that Rochdale are largely happy to see the back of. :?

Is that definite? Do you mean the club, or is that the football fan trick of turning on a player when he opts to leave? From what I've read about him he was only OK as a target man striker but after switching to left back he played really well last season and was linked with championship clubs. He wanted to go but Rochdale said no. This year he hasn't been as good and his contract is due up end of season, but from wgst I've read it is he who wanted to leave. Are you sure Rochdale the club wanted him out, or is it sour grapes from Rochdale fans?

I do tend to scout forums before upcoming Dons games and I remember before we played them last season they were generally critical and thought he was ineffective. Now that was as a striker and it does appear he improved as a left back during the course of 16/17. However, this year he's made a few errors apparently, he wasn't much cop at ours in September too.

Rochdale aren't particulary hard up either, so he can't be a key player for them to offload him to a relegation rival.

Still, he's probably better than a Pish reserve that has hardly played in 2 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Christ. If this guy can't get in a Peterborough side that lost to 9 men....they may as well relegate us now.

Come on, he did score 3 goals for Delhi Dynamos, that makes him good.....right ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 37  Next