THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fleetwood saturday
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:33 pm 

Surely we have to take something from this?

They have 3 away games ... tonight vs chorley, wednesday vs carlisle then saturday to us. They surely will be cream crackered with all that travelling and 3 games in 6 days?

We on the other hand have had an extra few days rest playing friday. Were at home saturday and oxford tuesday with the extra days rest is hardly a travel.

Also im watching them tonight and they dont look great. Reckon we could really damage them from set pieces and aerial duels if we play the likes of eel and chuks. Also think we can catch them out in wide areas if we play rab one side and harry b the other who would expose there wing backs.

Really think if we get our shit together and play hungry and smart maximum points are there for the taking.

Post subject: Re: Fleetwood saturday
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Surely we have to take something from this?

They have 3 away games ... tonight vs chorley, wednesday vs carlisle then saturday to us. They surely will be cream crackered with all that travelling and 3 games in 6 days?

We on the other hand have had an extra few days rest playing friday. Were at home saturday and oxford tuesday with the extra days rest is hardly a travel.

Also im watching them tonight and they dont look great. Reckon we could really damage them from set pieces and aerial duels if we play the likes of eel and chuks. Also think we can catch them out in wide areas if we play rab one side and harry b the other who would expose there wing backs.

Really think if we get our shit together and play hungry and smart maximum points are there for the taking.

Oww I dunno, I sure Robbie will be using all this spare time to equally exhaust our players to drive home a nil nil. :) they've got Dempsey and Mclaney who solid players at this level .Coles got a bit of pace about him I also think Rosier is one of the best managers in the league , in fact Sunderland could do a lot worse . Intense and always driving his team's forward . That said, we got to be looking at 3 points and like you said their schedule has to also be a factor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:22 pm 

3-0 fleetwood. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm 

Well, Chorley gave them a good workout, Fleetwood won 2-1 but finished with ten men, Coyle sent off on 70 minutes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 pm 

That'll be a 3 match ban then. Not sure how much of that was their first team but thought they were pretty disorganised and didnt really get in to gear untill it was almost too late. No doubt rosler will have them put in a performance saturday though. I just thought looking at that performance and given their fixture and travel congestion their should be no excuses saturday from us at home. I just couldnt imagine losing to them on that performance, fast forward however many miles by the time they get to us saturday we really should be fitter and have more in the tank.

I trust robbie knows their weaknesses and I hope he knows our strengths, allbeit against a weaker side we looked much more balanced on friday in a 4231 with round pegs in round holes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:30 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
That'll be a 3 match ban then. Not sure how much of that was their first team but thought they were pretty disorganised and didnt really get in to gear untill it was almost too late. No doubt rosler will have them put in a performance saturday though. I just thought looking at that performance and given their fixture and travel congestion their should be no excuses saturday from us at home. I just couldnt imagine losing to them on that performance, fast forward however many miles by the time they get to us saturday we really should be fitter and have more in the tank.

I trust robbie knows their weaknesses and I hope he knows our strengths, allbeit against a weaker side we looked much more balanced on friday in a 4231 with round pegs in round holes.

1. we don't have many strengths.
2 I don't think the travelling affects them as much as you think. They sit on a luxury coach and sit there and do nothing. Not like Devante Cole or anyone else will be driving the bus.
3. Do you know how difficult we make life for ourselves?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

1. we don't have many strengths.
2 I don't think the travelling affects them as much as you think. They sit on a luxury coach and sit there and do nothing. Not like Devante Cole or anyone else will be driving the bus.
3. Do you know how difficult we make life for ourselves?

Yes; because we choose to support MKD!