THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFC Cup game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 pm 

Gers wrote:
He does actually say that the best thing KFC could've done would to have beaten us.

Alas that happy scenario failed to materialise - again. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm 

Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:
I was listening to The Guardian football podcast this morning.  They mentioned the game, then the inevitable crap about us. We discussed The Guardian's agenda where we're concerned on our own pod this week by chance (out this afternoon, don't forget to download kids)

They actually said that it wasn't acceptable for a 10yr old from MK to support MK Dons. Grown men. So called respected journalists. They've interviewed Wally Downs twice this week. Twice! His comments regarding us weren't challenged. If a respected newspaper think this way, what chance do we have!

Eh? I listened to this yesterday and Max Rushden posed the question: 'Shouldn't we all move on, there are 10-year-old kids in MK who just support their local team' (which he later jokingly retracted because he realised he'd get pelters from AFC fans). I thought it was relatively balanced discussion. Certainly a long way off constituting an 'agenda' against us.

To which the Irish fella said that they shouldn't.

One journalist was broadly positive about us, another was broadly negative, and the other two on the panel didn't say anything. It wasn't exactly a pile-in on MK Dons.

What gets me about this is yes, AFC are going to be salty, but I just don't get why. They have got what they wanted. A move to a ground in brough of Merton like they have wanted since I was a kid. I just wonder in an alternate history where Wimbledon were allowed to "do a Bury" things might have been different. They would have never formed AFC in 2002 and they never rose up the leagues as fast as they did. Once they do move into their ground they can never moan as they have got what they always wanted since the 90's. Also, never read too much into what newspapers say. They will say whatever will sell the most papers/get the most listeners to their podcast. The Guardian has alway been anti us. As has the Sun as one of the senior sports writers (if he is still there) is a AFC Wimbledon fan.

Just take it with a pinch of salt. I think by the end of the season we will be up to about 12 games (at a guess) with them and it is funny how the only time papers/media care is when we play them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm 

There's definitely one Guardian sports writer who supports them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:42 pm 

Gers wrote:
There's definitely one Guardian sports writer who supports them.

There we go then. Don't worry about the media. They are the ones that fuel most of the anger towards us just so they can sell a few more rags and get a few more listeners to the podcasts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm 

This kind of imagined victimhood should be left to the other lot IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm 

If a respected newspaper think this way, what chance do we have![/quote]

I'm just trying to get my head round this concept referring to the Guardian. :?

Or any newspaper come to that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:08 pm 

Gers wrote:
They've interviewed Wally Downs twice this week. Twice! His comments regarding us weren't challenged.

What did he say?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm 

I've taken The Guardian for well over 30yrs. It reinforces my general worldview. I also read The Mail, because it doesn't. You can't have one without the other.

I don't give a fuck if people like us as a football team, or not. Opinion pieces are one thing, the clue there is in the name, but surely a certain level of professionalism is required when general reporting.

But the days of actually buying a newspaper are certainly numbered. They'll go the way of all media. The internet will give it all away for free.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 pm 

We're all best of friends really.

Attachment:
gettyimages-1167826365-2048x2048.jpg
gettyimages-1167826365-2048x2048.jpg [ 189.67 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Alby wrote:
What makes me laugh is when stuff goes wrong they actively try and convince themselves of blatant bullshit.

Stuff like MK Dons fans buying tickets for AFCW games to get on the database so that they can walk through the home areas in Dons kits, get attacked, then try to blame AFCW etc :lol: :lol:

The fact most of these stupid fucking loathsome c*unts have kids scares me. Properly worry about how they treat their kids. They’re mentally ill. I honestly couldn’t imagine how low your IQ has to be to support those freaks and it be normalised.

I’ll put you down as undecided then :lol:

Fucking hate them mate but at least I wouldn’t attack their fans because they were wearing their colours so I guess I have that going for me.

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next