THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:23 pm 

Donsduck wrote:
The rest of the squad now needs to step up to the plate we have five new players with Agard staying I think even with the loss of Chuks we are a stronger squad. At times last season there seemed to be occasions when we slowed our game down looking for Chuks perhaps overlooking other options as for our best player sadly I don't agree even though we only had him for half the season for me Healey was that player.

You make it sound like our business is done. No chance. If Aneke goes, he needs to be replaced (albeit with someome not as good as him, but still decent on paper), plus I'd say 2-3 more attacking signings.

Considering we played with three up front for most of last season (either Healey/Agard/Aneke or Wheeler/Agard/Aneke) - so without Aneke we're already missing two players. Bowery has been signed as a squad player. Mason is potentially a starter but has played only 16 games or so in the past 2 years. That leaves just Agard and academy graduates up front at the moment. Whichever way you look at it - the combination of Agard, Bowery and Mason isn't really comparable to Agard, Aneke and Healey - and that's in an inferior league.

So hopefully quite a bit more reinforcement to be added, fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:36 pm 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/19/w ... der-being/

Latest rumour article on Chuks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:44 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Donsduck wrote:
The rest of the squad now needs to step up to the plate we have five new players with Agard staying I think even with the loss of Chuks we are a stronger squad. At times last season there seemed to be occasions when we slowed our game down looking for Chuks perhaps overlooking other options as for our best player sadly I don't agree even though we only had him for half the season for me Healey was that player.

You make it sound like our business is done. No chance. If Aneke goes, he needs to be replaced (albeit with someome not as good as him, but still decent on paper), plus I'd say 2-3 more attacking signings.

Considering we played with three up front for most of last season (either Healey/Agard/Aneke or Wheeler/Agard/Aneke) - so without Aneke we're already missing two players. Bowery has been signed as a squad player. Mason is potentially a starter but has played only 16 games or so in the past 2 years. That leaves just Agard and academy graduates up front at the moment. Whichever way you look at it - the combination of Agard, Bowery and Mason isn't really comparable to Agard, Aneke and Healey - and that's in an inferior league.

So hopefully quite a bit more reinforcement to be added, fingers crossed.

Yip, all valid points.
Although I think Mason has signed to be a strong contender to start games, and not just as a sub / understudy.
And where has Dickenson been signed to play? He's a winger who can also play attacking LB / WB. So he can fill in for Lewington when needed but I think he's also been signed to start further forward as well at times.
However I agree that we need at least one more attacking player as well as a quality replacement for Aneke if he leaves.

Sorry don't get me wrong I agree we need more up front if Aneke goes what I was trying to put across was that it isn't the disaster it would have been a year ago I can see Mason and Agard starting up front,

I hope our business isn't done but wouldn't be surprised if the next one in is a loan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:42 pm 

Rumours that Aneke was seen at QPR earlier today, I can’t clarify that but have heard that from two separate apparent sightings.

Would make sense as he is a London resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:46 am 

The worst possible thing for us could be losing Chuks, not being able to replace him outright and needing to bring in 2/3 to replace him. Taking our summer transfer business for 7/8 and still needing 2 signings in other areas like a winger and another attacking midfielder (in my opinion) meaning we could sign 10 players or so.

I think a huge problem could be over running this squad and dressing room too much as it’s already very tight knit and whatnot. I’d be happy with keeping Aneke and only signing 2 more players elsewhere.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:43 am 

Alby wrote:
The worst possible thing for us could be losing Chuks, not being able to replace him outright and needing to bring in 2/3 to replace him. Taking our summer transfer business for 7/8 and still needing 2 signings in other areas like a winger and another attacking midfielder (in my opinion) meaning we could sign 10 players or so.

I think a huge problem could be over running this squad and dressing room too much as it’s already very tight knit and whatnot. I’d be happy with keeping Aneke and only signing 2 more players elsewhere.

This. Although I’d settle for Aneke and no more signings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Alby wrote:

This. Although I’d settle for Aneke and no more signings.

And if he got injured in the first week of September we would be in a spot of bother.

Tisdale has said we'll reduce, but it's about 13-5 at the moment in favour of leavers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 am 

Training starts today. Do you think Chuks will be there? He's still contracted to us for another week at least!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:42 pm 

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1144221164350431232[/tweet]

PT on Chuks Aneke: “I’m very fond of him, he’s a very good footballer, he can score goals - why would I close the door? I think the longer times go on, the less likely it is that he stays. I just hope it’s a palatable solution where everyone says it works for all of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm 

From Tisdale's latest interview it suggests the club are only looking at potential loans in August now. If Chuks does leave, that will be very disappointing unless those loans are top notch (I'm thinking Tyler Walker calibre).

Excluding academy grads, and assuming Chuks isn't returning, that means starting the season with Agard (22 goals last season), Bowery (allegedly Simpson's replacement, and 9 goals last season), and Mason (who has started a grand total of 34 games in the past 3.5 seasons - 4 goals last season).

Compare that to last season with Agard (22 goals), Chuks (19 goals) and Healey (9 goals), all of which were whilst we were in a lower division against 'easier' opposition.

Fingers crossed Aneke stays or I think goals are going to be hard to come by next season, either that or we'll need a helluva loan signing to compliment Agard, Mason and/or Bowery. Will have to be someone established otherwise it's a gamble on a young striker who may turn out to be either the next Afobe or the next Seager.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next