THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:10 pm 

Not a rumour but I see Danny Mayor is having to leave Bury. Currently in talks with Ipswich but Plymouth want him as well. Caused us all sorts of problems last season, would love to see us try and sign him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:10 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Alby wrote:
I don’t think we’d be stupid enough not to have a trick up our sleeve and ideas to replace Aneke of and when he goes.

I agree.

My worry is not that we aren't planning, but that some of our planned replacements move / have moved elsewhere the longer we wait.

This is a fair point. We are starting to get into Ben Reeves territory with this.

That said, I would still hold out for a while longer.

Ben Reeves territory would be when a player is out of contract and then weirdly starts turning up to pre-season friendlies in July to watch the team as a free agent, leaving the club and fans hanging by a thread and giving false hope, before signing for another club a couple of days before the season starts leaving little/no time for a replacement.

Reeves is a free agent again, isn't he. Could / would we take him back?

I’d have him back in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:40 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Not a rumour but I see Danny Mayor is having to leave Bury. Currently in talks with Ipswich but Plymouth want him as well. Caused us all sorts of problems last season, would love to see us try and sign him.

He'd be a Mayor signing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:04 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

He'd be a Mayor signing

Frustrating if a player like that stayed in L2, manager buddy or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Alby wrote:
I don’t think we’d be stupid enough not to have a trick up our sleeve and ideas to replace Aneke of and when he goes.

I agree.

My worry is not that we aren't planning, but that some of our planned replacements move / have moved elsewhere the longer we wait.

This is a fair point. We are starting to get into Ben Reeves territory with this.

That said, I would still hold out for a while longer.

Ben Reeves territory would be when a player is out of contract and then weirdly starts turning up to pre-season friendlies in July to watch the team as a free agent, leaving the club and fans hanging by a thread and giving false hope, before signing for another club a couple of days before the season starts leaving little/no time for a replacement.

Reeves is a free agent again, isn't he. Could / would we take him back?

I think a player would move for a manager rather than a club. Reeves is more likely to end up in Oxford than Milton Keynes. I wouldn't want him back, too injury prone and that will only get worse with age.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:48 pm 

But he’s just had a hair transplant lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:29 pm 

That Danny Hylton rumour seems to have surfaced itself again, although not sure there is any truth to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
That Danny Hylton rumour seems to have surfaced itself again, although not sure there is any truth to it.

If he's reasonably local it does make some sort of sense. I will forget him his Luton past.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

If he's reasonably local it does make some sort of sense. I will forget him his Luton past.

...And his AFC loan spell.

That too. Forgive & forget. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:13 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

...And his AFC loan spell.

That too. Forgive & forget. :D

You've moved on. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next