THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am 

Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Really starting to look like we won't have Chuks next season which will be a huge loss. There seem to be so many clubs now linked with him. He'll easily be able to double his wages, can't see him staying.

Unlike most, I don't see it as a MASSIVE loss.

he is a very talented player and was a game changer many times

I know I’ve been selective with my editing ;) , sorry, but the second sentence explains why the first is wrong.

He’s our best player by a mile.

This.

Seems a weirdly unpopular character because he’s shy and doesn’t interact with fans. Some think that’s lazy. But he’s the hardest working player and easily most naturally gifted and best player in the squad. We are a weaker side without him.

It's not often I agree with Alby but this is up there.

We don't have any other players that can do some of the stuff Chuks can do. His ability to glide past 2/3/4 opponents with ease. The way he knocks the ball past defenders and outpaces them even for his size. His shot power is unrivalled. He can score free kicks. He's essentially the 'complete' forward. That's why he'll be a huge loss.

His only negative would be his fitness levels over his career, but last season even that wasn't really an issue for the most part. I think some took an initial dislike to him as it seemed like he didn't care much for the club/fans, but over the last season I think people have just accepted he is just a quiet guy who keeps himself to himself and just gets on with earning a living. Shame he doesn't have a year left on his deal as if we sold him I reckon after last season we'd be looking at £1m+.

Replacing him will be a huge task I hope the club are prepared for and most likely will involve paying a fee for an in-contract player with goals in him.

Last edited by Filthy on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mansfield at home should have proved everyone wrong about how ‘lazy’ he supposedly is, and was easily the best individual performance I can remember one o our players having in an extremely long time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 am 

Filthy wrote:
We don't have any other players that can do some of the stuff Chuks can do. His ability to glide past 2/3/4 opponents with ease. The way he knocks the ball past defenders and outpaces them even for his size. His shot power is unrivalled. He can score free kicks. He's essentially the 'complete' forward. That's why he'll be a huge loss.

His only negative would be his fitness levels over his career, but last season even that wasn't really an issue for the most part. I think some took an initial dislike to him as it seemed like he didn't care much for the club/fans, but over the last season I think people have just accepted he is just a quiet guy who keeps himself to himself and just gets on with earning a living.

Replacing him will be a huge task I hope the club are prepared for and most likely will involve paying a fee for an in-contract player with goals in him.

I think we have to accept that if we lose him we won’t be able to replace him. We just couldn’t afford someone as good as him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Mansfield at home should have proved everyone wrong about how ‘lazy’ he supposedly is, and was easily the best individual performance I can remember one o our players having in an extremely long time

Really? He worked his socks off but so did lots of other players that day (Agard, Martin, McGrandles all come to mind). There have certainly been better individual performances this season - e.g. Gilbey vs Morecambe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:02 pm 

Filthy wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Really? He worked his socks off but so did lots of other players that day (Agard, Martin, McGrandles all come to mind). There have certainly been better individual performances this season - e.g. Gilbey vs Morecambe.

Possibly a case of bias on my part because of how fresh the game is in comparison but for me he was everywhere and really stood out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm 

It does appear that Chuks is most probably on his way out, there is no chance of replacing him with a similar talent, because we simply could not afford to, it would be a massive blow, but we have to get on with life after Chuks.

We will sign another striker no doubt, so time to re group and move forward, he was never going to be here for his entire career

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:12 pm 

QPR and Sheffield Wednesday now apparently interested too.

So that's Hearts, Hibs, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, QPR, Hull, Wigan, Barnsley and Sunderland all linked :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm 

Chuks would be a major loss to any team at this level and we were lucky to have him for as long as we did

However

The rest of the squad now needs to step up to the plate we have five new players with Agard staying I think even with the loss of Chuks we are a stronger squad. At times last season there seemed to be occasions when we slowed our game down looking for Chuks perhaps overlooking other options as for our best player sadly I don't agree even though we only had him for half the season for me Healey was that player.

In summary a big blow losing Chuks but
I believe we will get over it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 pm 

Filthy wrote:
QPR and Sheffield Wednesday now apparently interested too.

So that's Hearts, Hibs, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, QPR, Hull, Wigan, Barnsley and Sunderland all linked :lol:

Barnsley have said they’re not interested I saw somewhere on twitter today

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next