THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:51 am 

Filthy wrote:
Speaking of Omar Bogle...

He 'liked' the tweet from the club's Twitter OS mentioning the home game v AFC being on telly.

Maybe he's just enjoying the prospect of watching it as a neutral on tv. Either that or I'm reading to much into it..

I'd like there to be, but I'm not sure there is much in that. He seems to like A LOT of tweets, including from other clubs but you never know..

Training camp starts today, so you'd hope that any new striker can be brought in asap to join up with the squad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 pm 

Another Luton fan on Twitter mentions Danny Hylton coming here. Not sure on reliability but would be stunned if they entertained business with us.

That said, heard it a few times now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:08 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Another Luton fan on Twitter mentions Danny Hylton coming here. Not sure on reliability but would be stunned if they entertained business with us.

Played and scored for them in a friendly the other day, so may still be part of their plans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:27 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Played and scored for them in a friendly the other day, so may still be part of their plans.

There's a suggestion he's not joined them in Slovenia.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:39 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Just can't see him coming here. Ex-AFC and potentially ex-Luton is like a double whammy. He must have been properly brainwashed to hate any mention of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 am 

Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Just can't see him coming here. Ex-AFC and potentially ex-Luton is like a double whammy. He must have been properly brainwashed to hate any mention of us.

I understand that he is currently undergoing deprogramming at Bisham Abbey. It involves Pete repeatedly showing him the training plans, copious amounts of water and Rammstein playing volume 11 in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 am 

Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Doubt if many players or managers buy into that BS. To his credit Ardley didn't. PW is well liked by other club's top brass and most in football know the history. Being all anti-fran is most likely to lead to putting club's off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 am 

Hylton is an experienced player who has a good record with his previous two clubs around this level, and has promotions under his belt.

He lives in Milton Keynes and plays in a position we need more depth in. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the issue of Luton not wanting to deal with us; they were more than happy to find a way around it when they signed Danny Green. If the player wants to move to us I'm sure something will be arranged to ensure there's no awful paper trail linking Luton to us.

If it happens I think it would be a good signing, if not then other options are available, either on loan or permanently.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:30 pm 

Wish the club would just crack on and bring in Aneke's replacement. Can't see what the hold up is and surely most of the time its better to have a player in pre-season getting integrated into the squad than a last minute signing? Getting a half decent forward in could be the difference between a mid-table finish and challenging for the playoffs or better. Right now I just can't see us scoring plenty of goals - not down to the squad as a whole, but down to the lack of proven goalscorers in the team.

Winkie get the chequebook out!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am 

I dont think there is anything in the Danny Hylton rumour. Seems he did fly out with Luton but returned after picking up a knee injury. I’d be very surprised if we did end up signing him.

Whoever we do sign is already missing out on valuable pre-season time with the squad.

We have no real rumours, no trialists seem to be with the squad (except the Exeter CB thats not. Signing). A rather boring preseason for us fans.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33  Next