THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:31 am 

Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 am 

Seems rather fickle to me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 am 
The evidence is there for all to see that you are not alone..........average home attendance at stadium mk is down on the same period last season, same with away attendances when comparing to the same fixtures last season. The trend for home attendances is heading back the way of pre-2012 where we were averaging 8.5k for home games. Compare that to last season and where we averaged just under 10.5k....

What does the club expect when we play such dross, and when the players just don't seem to be putting the effort they should in why should fans?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 am 

Don Direction wrote:

What's fickle? The £20 I spend to get to MK or the not being entertained? I'm confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
The evidence is there for all to see that you are not alone..........average home attendance at stadium mk is down on the same period last season, same with away attendances when comparing to the same fixtures last season. The trend for home attendances is heading back the way of pre-2012 where we were averaging 8.5k for home games. Compare that to last season and where we averaged just under 10.5k....

What does the club expect when we play such dross, and when the players just don't seem to be putting the effort they should in why should fans?

Could not agree more

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:59 am 

Don’t see what is fickle. I’m not a fan of people stopping coming but if a man is literally putting money into something weekly and getting nothing back for his money’s worth he’s entitled.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am 
Site Admin

Warwickdons wrote:
Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

Well I hope you stay as a member on here no matter what, or we will have to set up an "Ex-AFC TCR" forum and life will get rather confusing then. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

What's fickle? The £20 I spend to get to MK or the not being entertained? I'm confused

I assumed he was just jokin' :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:50 pm 

I am one of those that Warwick alluded to. My reason is not just an entertainment factor. it is the fact that for two and a half years I have put up with watching shite and I realised I was spending too much money on football. Mine was just originally a cost cutting exercise. The thing is, I don't miss it at all. I thought I would, but I don't.

The problem is people just don't should loudly enough. I don't know if it is cause people are happy there is a pro team in MK and don't want to rock the boat. We have been in two divisions and had two different managers and nothing has changed with the way the club is run. We have a big fancy stadium (yes I know why it is that big). We had a huge opportunity to get somewhere and we blew it. I don't see any of the higher ups caring (PW and Cullen play fancy sound bites, but do they give a shit, I don't think so, but I could be wrong). There is no wonder the player's are not motivated when we have a manager who has a clue signed by an chairman who doesn't want to spend any money.

The club is toxic from the top down and now the fans are finally realising that. I am glad I stopped going every week. I may return, I may not. Depends on if I can afford it (which was genuinely my reason for stopping going). But, as I say I am not missing it at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
I am one of those that Warwick alluded to. My reason is not just an entertainment factor. it is the fact that for two and a half years I have put up with watching shite and I realised I was spending too much money on football. Mine was just originally a cost cutting exercise. The thing is, I don't miss it at all. I thought I would, but I don't.

The problem is people just don't should loudly enough. I don't know if it is cause people are happy there is a pro team in MK and don't want to rock the boat. We have been in two divisions and had two different managers and nothing has changed with the way the club is run. We have a big fancy stadium (yes I know why it is that big). We had a huge opportunity to get somewhere and we blew it. I don't see any of the higher ups caring (PW and Cullen play fancy sound bites, but do they give a shit, I don't think so, but I could be wrong). There is no wonder the player's are not motivated when we have a manager who has a clue signed by an chairman who doesn't want to spend any money.

The club is toxic from the top down and now the fans are finally realising that. I am glad I stopped going every week. I may return, I may not. Depends on if I can afford it (which was genuinely my reason for stopping going). But, as I say I am not missing it at all.

You're fully entitled to do what you like with your hard-earned and if you can't justify spending it on football, that's fair enough. And, like you, I've been subjected to some rubbish football over the last couple of year. But I think (my opinion) is that PW does genuinely care. All the evidence shows it (with perhaps one exception - see below). Stating that the club is toxic from the top down is a little melodramatic IMO.

I just think we're seeing, increasingly, that getting to the top in football is purely a matter of money. Especially the Prem but increasingly the Championship is becoming unattainable for the pockets of most clubs. PW cares but (like most of us I suspect) he has probably greatly underestimated how hard it is to grow beyond a certain point, now, in modern British football, without serious money behind you. The only piece of missing evidence of PW not giving a shit that you and others could level at him is not putting in more money. But, frankly, it's because he doesn't have the sort of money it now takes to keep up with the Wolves of the world, let alone the Man Cities...