THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:29 pm 

Personally speaking if he doesn’t put our best fit X1 out on Friday, he either doesn’t value his job or he has totally lost the plot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Personally speaking if he doesn’t put our best fit X1 out on Friday, he either doesn’t value his job or he has totally lost the plot.

My money is on lost the plot! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:37 pm 

Say he does not pick the best 11, and we lost, what would PW think ? I do wonder to what extent (if any) PW may have some input - especially in high-profile games like this. I am sure he has very little say of course, but I do suspect he may give hints, such as a quick "hope we put a strong side out ?" comment to RN in passing ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:41 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Say he does not pick the best 11, and we lost, what would PW think ? I do wonder to what extent (if any) PW may have some input - especially in high-profile games like this. I am sure he has very little say of course, but I do suspect he may give hints, such as a quick "hope we put a strong side out ?" comment to RN in passing ?

Must admit I have wondered that too, two scenarios here, field his best eleven and lose and it could be good night Vienna. Play a weaker side and lose and then say we are concentrating on the league.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:23 pm 

WellDon wrote:

Why?

It’s a long season. When are the younger guys and fringe players going to get some game time?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:33 pm 

dons50 wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Why?

It’s a long season. When are the younger guys and fringe players going to get some game time?

Because our 1st 11 need some game time too. any experience they can get at kicking a ball towards a goal (that isn't their own) will go a long way.

PS we have an U23 team now younger guys and fringe players can get game time there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:37 pm 

I am fairly certain it will be the strongest team that the manager can field.
He will be under no illusions that this will be a tough game.
A defeat is on the cards I'm afraid unless changes are made which will create goal scoring opportunities.
And we stop committing suicide.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm 

dons50 wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Why?

So I take it you are going to Wembley tonight expecting to see Spurs B team v Real Madrid B team?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:45 pm 

dons50 wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Why?

We have an U23 team now. Plus there are other cups. At our level, we should focus on the FAC as round 3 could bring a big pay-day, as with Chelski a couple of years ago.

Robbie - play the big guns, you jambo bastard!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm 

WellDon wrote:

You are assuming he knows what our best XI are.

Some might argue that would be our youth team at the moment