THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:23 pm 

i doubt unfortunately that RN is going anytime soon, but whoever does succeed him has to be experienced in this league, preferably with a level of success, this gambling on quirky managers needs to stop, it doesn’t work

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 pm 

Scribble wrote:
i doubt unfortunately that RN is going anytime soon, but whoever does succeed him has to be experienced in this league, preferably with a level of success, this gambling on quirky managers needs to stop, it doesn’t work

You could argue that Ince Mark 1 was quirky and was successful whilst Ince Mark 2 was not and was not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 pm 

Steampunk Don wrote:
So if we all agree that RN is under pressure, and could be gone soon, then who would you replace him with - who's available or can be bought out?
It's all very easy to say 'get rid', but let's hear some names of likely replacements then.....

Where there's Hope ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:38 pm 

Ed Rubio. I like the cut of his jib. He seems like a highly-qualified coach and a good bloke.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am 

I'd be happy with Sampson but I doubt Winkelman would go there with everything that's gone on. Personally I'd want an experienced League One manager with Edu as assistant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 am 

Whether RN will be sacked or not, if we all stand back and cast our minds back to this time last year, when PW took his time to appoint a new manager (nothing wrong with that incidentally) then none of us envisaged just 12 months later RN would be called into question, with a proportion of the fanbase wanting him out....and who knows what PW is thinking right now. Not great whatever way you look at it, is it ? This past year has arguably been one of the toughest periods for our club. And if we lose at Hyde....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:42 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
I'd be happy with Sampson but I doubt Winkelman would go there with everything that's gone on. Personally I'd want an experienced League One manager with Edu as assistant.

Mark Sampson isn't an "experienced League One manager", though?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm 

Robbie was the saviour, we had a post-new-manager bounce, now he's the villain. Success seems to be based on margins in this league - in my view we don't have quite the quality team we think we do (defence has been poor, attack lacking), our fans aren't quite as die hard and supportive as others perhaps, our stadium is too big and I suspect only a handful of the players are playing for the badge. Get a new manager and I suspect we'd have a post-new-manager bounce like we did with Robbie, but how much of that was down to having a Harvey Barnes & Chuks on form up front and the remains of our championship failing squad behind them.

Still relatively new team, still not enough quality in attack for me - swap Maynard for Agard and it could be last season. Only some of this is down to Robbie.

The sense of expectation, wrongly set by Robbie (and for that I do blame him), but with caution from Pete around maybe it will take more than a season (which clearly it will), is what baffles me. Surely every team in league one is entitled to want promotion but that magic combination of fans, team, manager, chairman, luck etc. will only be available to a few.

Let's not wish for another manager who may have a bounce for a period and then flounder - let's get behind Robbie and the team, no doubt coming out to boos etc. from the fans doesn't help, and maybe moderate expectations for this season to something more realistic. He's not the messiah, he's just a naughty little boy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Robbie was the saviour, we had a post-new-manager bounce, now he's the villain. Success seems to be based on margins in this league - in my view we don't have quite the quality team we think we do (defence has been poor, attack lacking), our fans aren't quite as die hard and supportive as others perhaps, our stadium is too big and I suspect only a handful of the players are playing for the badge. Get a new manager and I suspect we'd have a post-new-manager bounce like we did with Robbie, but how much of that was down to having a Harvey Barnes & Chuks on form up front and the remains of our championship failing squad behind them.

Still relatively new team, still not enough quality in attack for me - swap Maynard for Agard and it could be last season. Only some of this is down to Robbie.

The sense of expectation, wrongly set by Robbie (and for that I do blame him), but with caution from Pete around maybe it will take more than a season (which clearly it will), is what baffles me. Surely every team in league one is entitled to want promotion but that magic combination of fans, team, manager, chairman, luck etc. will only be available to a few.

Let's not wish for another manager who may have a bounce for a period and then flounder - let's get behind Robbie and the team, no doubt coming out to boos etc. from the fans doesn't help, and maybe moderate expectations for this season to something more realistic. He's not the messiah, he's just a naughty little boy.

I disagree, it is Robbie’s team, he chose the players he wanted, he trains them to play the way he wants them to play, he sets the team up to play in a certain way and he choses which players will play each week so if isn’t his fault, whose is it? The only part of not his fault I would cut him slack for is sick note (sow). He can hardly be blamed for that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pm 

Toby Carvery wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Mark Sampson isn't an "experienced League One manager", though?

Also, he has an interesting way of letting players earn their place in the starting 11. Does Lewie really want to do that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next