THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:06 pm 

I think what is obvious, is we have a pretty unhappy squad who are not getting the Neilson regime.

Double training between matches is madness, that’s not the road to go down, they’re fit, don’t wreck their bodies anymore by over training, ridiculous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:29 pm 

We all seem to be basing a lot on one guy's blog.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:32 pm 
dons50 wrote:
We all seem to be basing a lot on one guy's blog.

He's proven he's more often right than he is wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:48 pm 

I don't know him. I follow him on twatter, he follows me. I can only recall him being wrong once. And he held his hands up and admitted it. Some dodgy info if I remember correctly. He obviously has some very good contacts within the club. I'd tend to believe him more than any other source.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:14 pm 

OTD's comment about Robbies style surprised me, mainly as IMO we don't have one, the football this season has been akin to watching my boys U10's side playing. But with less tactical awareness. And as for Brittain being in the shop window, NEWSFLASH 'all players are in the shop window!'.[/quote]

Most of them Poundlands at the moment.[/quote]
You are right. 'Buy one get one free' it says - but no one has......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:42 pm 

Sounds like they need triple training until morale improves.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm 

I don't always agree with OTD but that was absolutely spot on, what a brilliant article. I'm more or less in complete agreement and his insights are interesting.

Personally I'm so disillusioned with our style of play at the moment that I've hardly even been to a game this season. I hadn't missed a home game for years up until recently. I just don't care anymore. I don't enjoy watching us play, even under Robbo I cared about MK Dons, now I feel virtually no connection to the club.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:55 pm 

The majority of us posting on here are singing from the same sheet as OTD not sure we can all be wrong and he has inside contacts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:34 pm 

Very intresting read , I have to agree with the majority that I am struggling to see where this is all heading , with regards to the fatigue levels it does make you wonder about Tilneys comments, would hate to think this rigerous train reigeim has lead to him reconsidering his future in the game .

I suppose the only thing I would like to add which seems not to have been mentioned is that Neilson was brought in as a long term placement and one of his key objectives was to overhaul an aging squad and I have to say he has to some degree has acheived that. Gilbey 22 , Pawlett 26 , Mcgadles 22, Nesbitt 20 in amongst a healthy crop of young players already at the club all bave their best years ahead of them does bobe well for the future
I'm not in the ' get ride camp as yet but i do need to see things change . Like,now.
'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 pm 

Not that I’m saying the time has come to sack Robbie yet but we all know Winke will never sack anyone unless he really has to.

I think a lot of our problems come from Cissé and Tishibola they are both so negative and this is partly why we are not creating chances.

I also believe not naming a playing Captain is hindering us. Personally I would choose Wootton he has experience and seems to be respected by the players. Keep Lewie as club captain.