THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:31 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
hemelheskey wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

Might be Joining your club soon. After starting out at 3am saturday and getting home at 9am sunday morning. I am starting question my sanity. Sleeping at Coachway is an experience i can assure you, waiting for the coach to the airport for first flight home. Its fine, if you see good football, entertainment, get a buzz out of it. Yes, football is like life it has ups and downs, but since promotion, its just not enjoyable, the people i know keep me coming. But this loyalty is going to stop very soon.

Makes our efforts look small time compared to you, and yes football, like life is fickle at best, but if you're feeling short changed, then something has to give

I could and probably am a million miles away here but something that’s crossed my mind a couple of times in the last few days is, if the players are unhappy with the way Robbie is going about things, could this be affecting them, I.e. not bothering as much as they should? I can speak from personal experience and I doubt I will be alone with this, somewhere I used to work we had a good boss so I gave him my best, sadly he retired, step in a total bitch, I certainly didn’t try so much and would even go as far as to say if I could cause her grief (doing things to the letter when I knew another way would be quicker and better). Thus not getting as much done then I would . She then took redundancy and we got another new manager, really lovely young lady, not only did I try my hardest but even worked without pay on several occasions to help out. Just a thought.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:01 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
hemelheskey wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

Might be Joining your club soon. After starting out at 3am saturday and getting home at 9am sunday morning. I am starting question my sanity. Sleeping at Coachway is an experience i can assure you, waiting for the coach to the airport for first flight home. Its fine, if you see good football, entertainment, get a buzz out of it. Yes, football is like life it has ups and downs, but since promotion, its just not enjoyable, the people i know keep me coming. But this loyalty is going to stop very soon.

Makes our efforts look small time compared to you, and yes football, like life is fickle at best, but if you're feeling short changed, then something has to give

I could and probably am a million miles away here but something that’s crossed my mind a couple of times in the last few days is, if the players are unhappy with the way Robbie is going about things, could this be affecting them, I.e. not bothering as much as they should? I can speak from personal experience and I doubt I will be alone with this, somewhere I used to work we had a good boss so I gave him my best, sadly he retired, step in a total bitch, I certainly didn’t try so much and would even go as far as to say if I could cause her grief (doing things to the letter when I knew another way would be quicker and better). Thus not getting as much done then I would . She then took redundancy and we got another new manager, really lovely young lady, not only did I try my hardest but even worked without pay on several occasions to help out. Just a thought.....

Yes that might be the case. I look at our team on paper and think these guys are good individuals. Agard doesn't just turn shit overnight. Chesterfield fans raved about the loanee from Forest (don't ask me to spell his name) and was one bright spark in the shit season they had. Tshibola shouldn't be as shit as he is given where he came from (although I think his rep does precede him). Even the guys we have signed are well respected at other clubs, Wigan fans were gutted Gilbey left them.

So when do the players pull a Leicester and perform mutiny (if they are not already by their shit performance)? Friday could be the day, but I am expecting a win.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:33 pm 

Will those leaving, please exit stage left. Do not pass through go & do not collect your £200.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
The question of finances to fund the Championship and/or Premiership is for another day (even the training ground is, which is a mute point), but Pete has provided Robbie with enough money to get promoted from League 1. We have the third highest squad value according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk. We just aren't getting value for money at the moment.

If those League 1 figures are true, someone is performing miracles at Shrewsbury.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:31 pm 

Galverion wrote:
hemelheskey wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Like others have alluded to, I do think PW does care....MKD is "his project" and he will go down in history as "Mr MK Dons."

However, I often wonder about the players, especially loanees or those who just see us a "stepping stone"...I do not think some realise what an effort it can be (time, money) for fans, especially at away games. I am sure some do, and especially those us fans built a good rapport with (namely the promotion team a couple of years ago), but do most of the current crop ? Everything - hotels, travel, kits etc - is laid on for them, and at no cost...I would like to think they appreciate the effort we in turn put in, but not sure. At least with Robbo, he himself always came over to acknowledge the fans and his players did too, even when we lost.

Pete cares, absolutely no doubt about it. Its his project, his family is involved in the club and you regularly see him at most home games, away games, away cup games and even away friendlies. He's never too aloof or busy to stop for a chat and you can tell that he really does care about the club, the city, and doing something positive for the local people.