THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:25 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
I thought we'd established (didn't someone confirm?) that Dele DID have a sell-on clause. :?

We have....it's 18% of the profit.

Hope that's true, as he'll be off in a year or so

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
I thought we'd established (didn't someone confirm?) that Dele DID have a sell-on clause. :?

Oh imagine what we won't do with £18 million. I am so excited a little bit of pee leaked out. If we have the third highest budget then all our money goes on wages cause we spent next to nothing on transfers. Tbh that's even worse cause we are paying over the odds for shite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Oh imagine what we won't do with £18 million. I am so excited a little bit of pee leaked out. If we have the third highest budget then all our money goes on wages cause we spent next to nothing on transfers. Tbh that's even worse cause we are paying over the odds for shite

I can see your upset so I won't tell you that even when we pay for transfers the club doesn't announce the amount and we spent a record transfer fee on Kieran Agard.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am 
I would think if we did get around £15m+ from a sell on, then half of that would go to erasing the club's debt (which is around £8m from what I remember), probably £2m put aside for any promotion to the Championship, maybe £1m invested in the squad/wages for a L1 season and the rest banked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:40 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

Might be Joining your club soon. After starting out at 3am saturday and getting home at 9am sunday morning. I am starting question my sanity. Sleeping at Coachway is an experience i can assure you, waiting for the coach to the airport for first flight home. Its fine, if you see good football, entertainment, get a buzz out of it. Yes, football is like life it has ups and downs, but since promotion, its just not enjoyable, the people i know keep me coming. But this loyalty is going to stop very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 pm 

hemelheskey wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Last season there was five of us travelling to home games from the Warwickshire area and further afield, this year we're down to three, next year that could be one or none.
A hundred plus miles round trip for home games, coupled to probably 75% of away games, equals an expensive hobby, if I thought I was getting value for money, i/we would be willing to continue to do this, but quite frankly we are witnessing the worst football I've seen.
I was quite optimistic about this season, but 15 games in is a reasonable time to evaluate how the season is going, and it's been awful, went to watch Leamington v North Ferriby in the national league north yesterday, there was passion and commitment for 90 minutes, apparently I may have dodged a bullet yesterday by not going to Bristol rovers, tbh I didn't even check what the score was, that's how disinterested I am.
Unfortunately I'm committed to Charlton and Doncaster away, as I have train tickets booked, unless I see some passion in the next home games etc, I'll be watching Leamington on a regular basis.
The two others who came with us have their own reasons for not coming anymore, in all honesty I thought they were being weak, but now I can see where they're coming from, PW and Mr Neilson are testing my patience to the limit, before five becomes nil, I'm sure PW is banking on the MK public renewing season on season as long as there is league football, but the appeal will wear thin there too, he needs to wake up and realise this is quite serious, people want to be entertained, or at least show passion, sadly at the moment, we have neither.

Might be Joining your club soon. After starting out at 3am saturday and getting home at 9am sunday morning. I am starting question my sanity. Sleeping at Coachway is an experience i can assure you, waiting for the coach to the airport for first flight home. Its fine, if you see good football, entertainment, get a buzz out of it. Yes, football is like life it has ups and downs, but since promotion, its just not enjoyable, the people i know keep me coming. But this loyalty is going to stop very soon.

Like others have alluded to, I do think PW does care....MKD is "his project" and he will go down in history as "Mr MK Dons."

However, I often wonder about the players, especially loanees or those who just see us a "stepping stone"...I do not think some realise what an effort it can be (time, money) for fans, especially at away games. I am sure some do, and especially those us fans built a good rapport with (namely the promotion team a couple of years ago), but do most of the current crop ? Everything - hotels, travel, kits etc - is laid on for them, and at no cost...I would like to think they appreciate the effort we in turn put in, but not sure. At least with Robbo, he himself always came over to acknowledge the fans and his players did too, even when we lost.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:00 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

I can see your upset so I won't tell you that even when we pay for transfers the club doesn't announce the amount and we spent a record transfer fee on Kieran Agard.

Last season, not this season and it was no more than £500k. When we have had 10 times that, it is the minimum we should have spent. This season who has we spent money on? Actual physical transfer money?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:16 pm 

Have to stay I'm with Warwick Dons on this one. I usually travel on my own from Sheffield and have already missed games this season. The current lack of passion from the team and dull, unentertaining football make it easier to listen to Luke Ashmead having a meltdown on the radio rather than attending in person. I won't be renewing my ST next season, but will still have a membership. It's not just fans travelling any length who seem to feel like this either. I sit in the East corner and this season we are missing at least half a dozen previous ST holders who were long term fans.

As an aside, I'd like to know what % of our attendances are made up of walk up fans. When you look at how many ST holders we have, the remaining amount will probably be made up of mostly membership holders. For a regular Saturday game I'd guess we would be talking less than 200 will have rocked up and paid on the day and there's the worry for the club. If those of us with an existing emotional investment feel apathetic, where are any new fans coming from

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 pm 

hemelheskey wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Makes our efforts look small time compared to you, and yes football, like life is fickle at best, but if you're feeling short changed, then something has to give

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm 

SheffieldExile wrote:
Have to stay I'm with Warwick Dons on this one. I usually travel on my own from Sheffield and have already missed games this season. The current lack of passion from the team and dull, unentertaining football make it easier to listen to Luke Ashmead having a meltdown on the radio rather than attending in person. I won't be renewing my ST next season, but will still have a membership. It's not just fans travelling any length who seem to feel like this either. I sit in the East corner and this season we are missing at least half a dozen previous ST holders who were long term fans.

As an aside, I'd like to know what % of our attendances are made up of walk up fans. When you look at how many ST holders we have, the remaining amount will probably be made up of mostly membership holders. For a regular Saturday game I'd guess we would be talking less than 200 will have rocked up and paid on the day and there's the worry for the club. If those of us with an existing emotional investment feel apathetic, where are any new fans coming from

That's so true my friend, I have a friend who lives in Woodhouse in Sheffield, he's followed the Dons like us, but to mainly away games, he met us in London at 9am for Portsmouth away a few weeks ago, after leaving home at 5.30 am and home 23.15, after that dismal performance, he too like us decided to not attend the Bristol game, wise choice as it turned out.
We will both continue to go to games, but we will be more selective until I feel I am getting value for my money, we are only asking for the players to put a shift in, or at least look like they're trying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next