THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
I am one of those that Warwick alluded to. My reason is not just an entertainment factor. it is the fact that for two and a half years I have put up with watching shite and I realised I was spending too much money on football. Mine was just originally a cost cutting exercise. The thing is, I don't miss it at all. I thought I would, but I don't.

The problem is people just don't should loudly enough. I don't know if it is cause people are happy there is a pro team in MK and don't want to rock the boat. We have been in two divisions and had two different managers and nothing has changed with the way the club is run. We have a big fancy stadium (yes I know why it is that big). We had a huge opportunity to get somewhere and we blew it. I don't see any of the higher ups caring (PW and Cullen play fancy sound bites, but do they give a shit, I don't think so, but I could be wrong). There is no wonder the player's are not motivated when we have a manager who has a clue signed by an chairman who doesn't want to spend any money.

The club is toxic from the top down and now the fans are finally realising that. I am glad I stopped going every week. I may return, I may not. Depends on if I can afford it (which was genuinely my reason for stopping going). But, as I say I am not missing it at all.

You're fully entitled to do what you like with your hard-earned and if you can't justify spending it on football, that's fair enough. And, like you, I've been subjected to some rubbish football over the last couple of year. But I think (my opinion) is that PW does genuinely care. All the evidence shows it (with perhaps one exception - see below). Stating that the club is toxic from the top down is a little melodramatic IMO.

I just think we're seeing, increasingly, that getting to the top in football is purely a matter of money. Especially the Prem but increasingly the Championship is becoming unattainable for the pockets of most clubs. PW cares but (like most of us I suspect) he has probably greatly underestimated how hard it is to grow beyond a certain point, now, in modern British football, without serious money behind you. The only piece of missing evidence of PW not giving a shit that you and others could level at him is not putting in more money. But, frankly, it's because he doesn't have the sort of money it now takes to keep up with the Wolves of the world, let alone the Man Cities...

Shit rolls downwards my friend. He doesn't have the money to compete with the Charlton's of this world. The thing is the no money excuse can only go on for so long. We have not tangible assets to sell to anyone else to balance the books. It is great we had £5 million for Dele and god forbid he moves on and we get a sell on clause cause (which I dont think there will be as Robbo said at the time it was a very flat fee) there will be another reason not to invest in the playing side.

As for clubs Burton, managed more than we did in the Championship. Rotherham did it for a few seasons I believe and are making a damn good fist of going back up immediately. Burnley when they first went up to the prem did it with not a massive budget and one other word Huddersfield. They may go down, but they are doing better than I certainly though and after the season before when they finished 17th they were more relegation fodder than promotion fodder. It can be done if everyone works together owners manager player and fans. When the other three let you down you can hardly blame the fans for not bothering.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:48 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
I am one of those that Warwick alluded to. My reason is not just an entertainment factor. it is the fact that for two and a half years I have put up with watching shite and I realised I was spending too much money on football. Mine was just originally a cost cutting exercise. The thing is, I don't miss it at all. I thought I would, but I don't.

The problem is people just don't should loudly enough. I don't know if it is cause people are happy there is a pro team in MK and don't want to rock the boat. We have been in two divisions and had two different managers and nothing has changed with the way the club is run. We have a big fancy stadium (yes I know why it is that big). We had a huge opportunity to get somewhere and we blew it. I don't see any of the higher ups caring (PW and Cullen play fancy sound bites, but do they give a shit, I don't think so, but I could be wrong). There is no wonder the player's are not motivated when we have a manager who has a clue signed by an chairman who doesn't want to spend any money.

The club is toxic from the top down and now the fans are finally realising that. I am glad I stopped going every week. I may return, I may not. Depends on if I can afford it (which was genuinely my reason for stopping going). But, as I say I am not missing it at all.

What exactly do you want the chairman to do? Spend money? He’s planning to spend a lot of money on a training ground. You might not deem that top priority, fair enough. But making a decision that it is is hardly “toxic”.

That’s a very strong phrase and, in my view, completely unjustified.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm 

PW gives a shit.

How many on here would have taken their wife to the first AFCW game (even with an over 6ft lady bodyguard) if they didn't give a shit about the club they were Chairman of?

End of thread about whether or not he gives a shit /

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm 

I thought we'd established (didn't someone confirm?) that Dele DID have a sell-on clause. :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
PW gives a shit.

How many on here would have taken their wife to the first AFCW game (even with an over 6ft lady bodyguard) if they didn't give a shit about the club they were Chairman of?

It's a PR Stunt. You watch him come out of his cave this week with the radio and cameras rolling. Then he will turn into a recluse again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:07 pm 

The question of finances to fund the Championship and/or Premiership is for another day (even the training ground is, which is a mute point), but Pete has provided Robbie with enough money to get promoted from League 1. We have the third highest squad value according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk. We just aren't getting value for money at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm 

hemelheskey wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
PW gives a shit.

It's a PR Stunt. You watch him come out of his cave this week with the radio and cameras rolling. Then he will turn into a recluse again.

You are right, of course. He put his wife within bottle throwing distance of pissed, angry youths baying for blood as a publicity stunt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 pm 

hemelheskey wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
PW gives a shit.

Is this humour?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 pm 
Looking forward to Winkelbot being wheeled out on Saturday after we lose to Hyde.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:12 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
I thought we'd established (didn't someone confirm?) that Dele DID have a sell-on clause. :?

We have....it's 18% of the profit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next