THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Booo...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:47 pm 

It has to be very worrying that we have yet to play five of the teams currently in the promotion/play-off places. :o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:52 pm 
Thankfully we're playing half decent sides like Oxford, Fleetwood and Charlton next 3 games. A defeat or two should see Neilson out the door. Lose to Hyde and might not even have to wait.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:53 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
From Rovers forum

Pleased with 3 points and clean sheet. I thought MK Dons were woeful and the worst team we have played this seaso
I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute

Northampton must have been decent then, when losing 0-6 at home to them.

Good point Mr S.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Thankfully we're playing half decent sides like Oxford, Fleetwood and Charlton next 3 games. A defeat or two should see Neilson out the door. Lose to Hyde and might not even have to wait.

Have we really reached the fans wanting us to lose routine?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:44 pm 

Last six games form table.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/co ... e-and-away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 pm 

I wasn't convinced after 4 games let alone how many we've had.

To me the real question is how far we have got to drop before something happens. With Robbo it was crowd sizes and the players arguing on the pitch that supposedly got Pete to act. What will it be this time.

Maybe in the short term don't we have a very capable manager in our U23s who could cover and maybe step up to the plate!!!

Perhaps the balance point here is Robbie's contract. Let's just assume that Pete has inserted a break clause after one full season if the agreed target is not achieved. That would mean the longer Pete waits in the season the less he has to pay in compensation. Of course it may also mean he has to wait until it is impossible to achieve the target.

Just thinking!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 pm 

bigpaul101 wrote:

To me the real question is how far we have got to drop before something happens. With Robbo it was crowd sizes and the players arguing on the pitch that supposedly got Pete to act. What will it be this time.

Maybe in the short term don't we have a very capable manager in our U23s who could cover and maybe step up to the plate!!!

Perhaps the balance point here is Robbie's contract. Let's just assume that Pete has inserted a break clause after one full season if the agreed target is not achieved. That would mean the longer Pete waits in the season the less he has to pay in compensation. Of course it may also mean he has to wait until it is impossible to achieve the target.

Just thinking!!

I would certainly think PW and the rest of the board must be thinking we’ve made a massive mistake here, as you rightly eluded to, it could come down to what he has to pay in compo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:57 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
From Rovers forum

Pleased with 3 points and clean sheet. I thought MK Dons were woeful and the worst team we have played this seaso
I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute

Northampton must have been decent then, when losing 0-6 at home to them.

Good point Mr S.

As it was an away fixture at Northampton, I’m guessing the quote was aimed at clubs playing at Bristol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
bigpaul101 wrote:

Just thinking!!

I would certainly think PW and the rest of the board must be thinking we’ve made a massive mistake here, as you rightly eluded to, it could come down to what he has to pay in compo.

An issue I have raised elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:13 pm 

donmentor wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Have to say this is becoming a little concerning now. Can’t work out why he plays with the tactics he does. (Awaits D50 to tell us the manager knows best).

He must know better than us.

Is this sort of thing going to happen every time we lose a game?

No fan is claiming that they can do a better job in management than Neilson. But its plain to see for most fans now that there must be another manager who can do a better job than Neilson. If not, then we're fucked.

There is, we sacked him. But we’ve made that decision and should give him sufficient time.

We’ve given him 11 months. Little to no change and no exaggeration to say we are worse. Everything he seems to do is in the wrong manner. Awful changes in the summer. When is it a good time to get rid?

I’d let him have at least one more transfer window.

I would normally agree with this, but I think the players he has bought in so far are basically quite capable of winning us games. My concern is that RN does not seem to be able to motivate them to combine as a team. I have to admit I am becoming a little less confident in his abilities as an English League manager.

I rarely agree with this chap but this is bang on. Especially the understated tone.

RN will go - but not quite yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next