THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Booo...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:49 pm 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
If I did decent due diligence and recruited someone with a good track record and he had a bad start, I would definitely give him (or her) sufficient time to make the job a success.

Once again, he has had sufficient time.

He actually looks even worse now too, given that we finished 12th and looked like an improving side. Comparing our side now which he engineered during the summer to that side at the end of last season, he has genuinely taken us backwards.

He doesn't need another window, he got rid of 9 players and brought in 12...that's more of a turnover than many clubs will do in 2 whole seasons(!).

No excuses, he has had long enough. He took us one step forward in the second half of last season, but we are firmly two steps backwards now and he's quite frankly ruined the little character/identity our football once had.

The buck stops with him, he has failed and I don't know how you can defend him. I think you're in the minority defending him too - have a look on Facebook and Twitter and the vast majority want him out.

I’m not defending HIM. I wouldn’t agree with sacking any manager after this amount of time.

He's been here almost a year. In that year we've gone massively backwards. He's fucked.

And as for due diligence... Anyone north of the border could've told you what to expect. Boring, uninspiring, determined not to loose at any cost. Hearts were shite under him, they're worst now admittedly. For someone so associated with defensive minded football, he's way out of his depth here. He has to go.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:52 pm 

It was the right time to sack robbo and its fast approaching the right time to sack Robbie. New manager needs to be in before January and with enough time to assess the current squad and where it needs strengthing.

I hope Pete has already got a shortlist though, as it took him ages to hire Robbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:54 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
It was the right time to sack robbo and its fast approaching the right time to sack Robbie. New manager needs to be in before January and with enough time to assess the current squad and where it needs strengthing.

I hope Pete has already got a shortlist though, as it took him ages to hire Robbie

He should be use to it now. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:01 pm 

With the amount of overhaul in the summer, Neilson should have the squad he wants. At the time we thought they were good signings, but for some reason they're not playing to their potential. I don't know how he'd add to the squad in Jan, we already depth in each position that should be of sufficient quality to win matches (or at least come close).

A new manager brought in by around the middle of November would have sufficient time to assess the squad and decide on changes they want in the window, to suit their vision for the club. If we don't get rid of Neilson soon, there'd be no point bringing in someone else until near the end of the season, by which point I dread to think of what state we'd be in. We seem demotivated, our tactics make no sense to me (I get that there must be some reason why we played 5 at the back with no strikers, but I doubt many other managers would have lined with with a centre mid and a winger up top when we had Agard and Seager on the bench), and there have been far too many games where we've never looked like scoring.

I never like to see people out of a job, particularly as Neilson has committed to coming all the way to MK from Scotland, but with football management you have to accept that as part of the risk. When Robbo was stuggling, he could rely on a lot of goodwill, but unfortunately Neilson hasn't seemed to be able to generate the same feelings, and that is part of what a manager does nowdays.

I really don't like that I'm wanting someone to be fired, and it feels wierd to disagree with D50, but I'm in the Neilson out camp.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:06 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
With the amount of overhaul in the summer, Neilson should have the squad he wants. At the time we thought they were good signings, but for some reason they're not playing to their potential. I don't know how he'd add to the squad in Jan, we already depth in each position that should be of sufficient quality to win matches (or at least come close).

A new manager brought in by around the middle of November would have sufficient time to assess the squad and decide on changes they want in the window, to suit their vision for the club. If we don't get rid of Neilson soon, there'd be no point bringing in someone else until near the end of the season, by which point I dread to think of what state we'd be in. We seem demotivated, our tactics make no sense to me (I get that there must be some reason why we played 5 at the back with no strikers, but I doubt many other managers would have lined with with a centre mid and a winger up top when we had Agard and Seager on the bench), and there have been far too many games where we've never looked like scoring.

I never like to see people out of a job, particularly as Neilson has committed to coming all the way to MK from Scotland, but with football management you have to accept that as part of the risk. When Robbo was stuggling, he could rely on a lot of goodwill, but unfortunately Neilson hasn't seemed to be able to generate the same feelings, and that is part of what a manager does nowdays.

I really don't like that I'm wanting someone to be fired, and it feels wierd to disagree with D50, but I'm in the Neilson out camp.

This!!! 100%

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:18 pm 

I agree with Filthy. The problem is that as we have seen before we can forgive the results IF and only If there is an emotional connection with the team and we believe that they love MK as much as we do. It breaks my heart but they are not our boys in the way that they were. We do have to move on from the Robinson era and recognise that even long term players move on but we have to find a way to lift the team’s heads and our spirits. I know RN has shown a commitment in moving his family etc but I just don’t believe he gets us in the way that preserves and develops the identity of the club. Contrast Ed Rubio. I also believe that we have to do something before the rot sets in and while enough of the season remains.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm 

From Rovers forum

Pleased with 3 points and clean sheet. I thought MK Dons were woeful and the worst team we have played this seaso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:28 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
From Rovers forum

Pleased with 3 points and clean sheet. I thought MK Dons were woeful and the worst team we have played this seaso

I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:40 pm 

I can't see him being sacked unless we actually drop into the relegation zone.
I'd imagine PW will 'reassess' at the end of the season.
Whatever. :?
I have to say that I am not very confident in his ability to get us results any more.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:45 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
From Rovers forum

I wouldn’t doubt that for a minute

Northampton must have been decent then, when losing 0-6 at home to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next