THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Booo...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 pm 
keyser soze wrote:
I really get why everyone is pissed of and why they want him out. But if he goes now, his head coach (Mr Anonymous) will be caretaker. That will likely be worse.

I genuinely think if (when) Neilson goes that Edu Rubio will take temporary charge. Neilson's assistant (whatever is name is, fuck knows) will be too similar to Neilson and likely head wherever Neilson ends up. Edu Rubio has taken charge of the U23s with a few first teamers so is at least capable in the short term.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I really get why everyone is pissed of and why they want him out. But if he goes now, his head coach (Mr Anonymous) will be caretaker. That will likely be worse.

I genuinely think if (when) Neilson goes that Edu Rubio will take temporary charge. Neilson's assistant (whatever is name is, fuck knows) will be too similar to Neilson and likely head wherever Neilson ends up. Edu Rubio has taken charge of the U23s with a few first teamers so is at least capable in the short term.

I don’t think I’ve seen him stand up yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:38 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

I don’t think I’ve seen him stand up yet.

He has occasionally had words with the 4th official when Robbie has been otherwise engaged.
Looking forward to the OTD blog tomorrow, which promises an interesting commentary on what is going on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 am 

I'm not one for wanting managers sacked, I was adamant that we shouldn't have sacked Robinson, yet right now I'm getting towards the stage of wanting neilson to go, as much as I hate managers being sacked. Throughout the whole time that my family have been going to games, there's never been a question about going to a game. Every Saturday or Tuesday, if there's a game on, weve just gone without any hesitation. These last few weeks have been the first time that there have been questions about whether to bother going to a dons game. That, to me, says a lot about how this team is playing, and the style of football that RN is implementing. I know during the Robinson era lots of people were pining for some more direct football. Well here it is folks. It's dire. I miss the days where we were trying to play football the right way. The 'mk dons way'. Even if we were losing I backed the team becaus we were always trying to play the right way, and we had a manager who was passionate about the club, who got the club and the city, and who connected with the fans. We have none of that any more. You can see what is happening at charlton, KR is a quality manager, and it's a classic case of not appreciating what you've got till it's gone. We need to get our identity back. This group of players is far better than what is being served up at the moment, this means that they are being poorly managed. Things need to change soon else it won't be long until RN is out of the door.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am 

SW4don wrote:
I'm not one for wanting managers sacked, I was adamant that we shouldn't have sacked Robinson, yet right now I'm getting towards the stage of wanting neilson to go, as much as I hate managers being sacked. Throughout the whole time that my family have been going to games, there's never been a question about going to a game. Every Saturday or Tuesday, if there's a game on, weve just gone without any hesitation. These last few weeks have been the first time that there have been questions about whether to bother going to a dons game. That, to me, says a lot about how this team is playing, and the style of football that RN is implementing. I know during the Robinson era lots of people were pining for some more direct football. Well here it is folks. It's dire. I miss the days where we were trying to play football the right way. The 'mk dons way'. Even if we were losing I backed the team becaus we were always trying to play the right way, and we had a manager who was passionate about the club, who got the club and the city, and who connected with the fans. We have none of that any more. You can see what is happening at charlton, KR is a quality manager, and it's a classic case of not appreciating what you've got till it's gone. We need to get our identity back. This group of players is far better than what is being served up at the moment, this means that they are being poorly managed. Things need to change soon else it won't be long until RN is out of the door.

Spot on for me that. I’d also add that I’m sure this is the most expensively assembled squad in our history (even allowing for inflation before any pedants chip in), and RN’s been given funds to bring in players that would have been financially out of reach for the previous incumbent. Even the experienced loanees are of a level we’d never have secured previously.

Given that, we’re masisvely underperforming in my view. There’s no simple fix though and getting rid of RN is only going to make the situation worse from a financial perspective, irrespective of whether it changes things in terms of results. Lots of his signings bought into his project and are with us for the long haul contractually. Any new manager would find their hands tied as to what they could do to manoeuvre players about and get in their own choices.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:22 am 

Camdenite wrote:
SW4don wrote:

Spot on for me that. I’d also add that I’m sure this is the most expensively assembled squad in our history (even allowing for inflation before any pedants chip in), and RN’s been given funds to bring in players that would have been financially out of reach for the previous incumbent. Even the experienced loanees are of a level we’d never have secured previously.

Given that, we’re masisvely underperforming in my view. There’s no simple fix though and getting rid of RN is only going to make the situation worse from a financial perspective, irrespective of whether it changes things in terms of results. Lots of his signings bought into his project and are with us for the long haul contractually. Any new manager would find their hands tied as to what they could do to manoeuvre players about and get in their own choices.

If it was just a problem of the wrong players, but when the manager says they aren't giving 100% then that a serious issue, before even the tactics or the lack of them are even considered. I would keep Robbie at the moment but he will soon become Dead Man Walking if he can't get more out of the players and turnaround the fortunes of the team.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:22 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

What makes you think that?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 am 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

If Robbie goes the rest of the coaching staff ought to go.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:41 am 
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

I didn't say he would or should be our permanent manager, just that he's capable enough as a caretaker in the short term without keeping on Neilson's anonymous assistant. I think he's capable as he managed an U23 side featuring quite a few first teamers and has had success with the U18s.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 am 

Football is an entertainment businesses. We're not being entertained at the moment. I can't believe that Winkelman is happy with the rapid decline both on and off the pitch. But Neilson was his choice. Which begs the question, who advised him? Anyone with a passing interest in footy could've told you that employing a manager who regularly set Hearts up 5-5-0 would hardly be banging the goals in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next