THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Booo...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:39 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Just wondering if we adopted this at the next game Robbie may just get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7WJgToNRps

Personally I’d sooner any team kept possession and created meaningful goal scoring opportunities than just pinged one from 30 yards because that’s what the crowd wants you to do.

Our problem is that we aren’t creating enough meaningful opportunities.

It’s often the biggest cop out in football; shooting from distance because you haven’t got the ability to find a better placed teammate IMHO. I appreciate a 30 yard zinger as much as the next man, but only when the the opportunity is truly there. i.e. on his favoured foot and with a clear sight of goal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Just wondering if we adopted this at the next game Robbie may just get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7WJgToNRps

Personally I’d sooner any team kept possession and created meaningful goal scoring opportunities than just pinged one from 30 yards because that’s what the crowd wants you to do.

Our problem is that we aren’t creating enough meaningful opportunities.

It’s often the biggest cop out in football; shooting from distance because you haven’t got the ability to find a better placed teammate IMHO. I appreciate a 30 yard zinger as much as the next man, but only when the the opportunity is truly there. i.e. on his favoured foot and with a clear sight of goal.

Afraid I didn’t do any deep analysis of how the team was being encouraged to score the goals, just thought it was a bit of fun to cheer a morning.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am 

leodon wrote:
Afraid I didn’t do any deep analysis of how the team was being encouraged to score the goals, just thought it was a bit of fun to cheer a morning.

LOL. Sorry, wasn’t having a pop, just making the point to the massed ranks of “Shoooooot!” merchants out there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:28 pm 

Took my son to Bristol on saturday,cost about £100(tickets,petrol and food).The Dons played with no
pride,passion or commitment where as it looked like Bristol had been feeding on raw meat all week.
The game was on par with the Coventry friendly ,we should have seen the writing on the wall then.
Not one who likes to see people lose their jobs but I just dont think Robbie is up to it.
COYDS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:18 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Football is an entertainment businesses. We're not being entertained at the moment. I can't believe that Winkelman is happy with the rapid decline both on and off the pitch. But Neilson was his choice. Which begs the question, who advised him? Anyone with a passing interest in footy could've told you that employing a manager who regularly set Hearts up 5-5-0 would hardly be banging the goals in.

I read in an interview Winkie gave last November where he said something like he would never forgive himself or it would hang over his head for a long time if he got the managerial appointment wrong. Maybe he's just saving face by not acting.

Think most fans know enough of Winkie as a person to know he's likely not very happy at all with results or our style of football a
t the moment. We've seen how passionate he is and also how honest he has been to fans at games, calling results "shit" etc. In fact, I think Winkie is like a lot of us and doesn't promote spin or try and make a turd look shiny.

Neilson was never his first choice. Mitchell was. He just took too fucking long and again had no plan B when plan A went tits. The way that reads to me is saving face. People will be more respectful if you admit you made a mistake and move on. I know I would. The longer you waste coving your mistakes the worse the damage will be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
Football is an entertainment businesses. We're not being entertained at the moment. I can't believe that Winkelman is happy with the rapid decline both on and off the pitch. But Neilson was his choice. Which begs the question, who advised him? Anyone with a passing interest in footy could've told you that employing a manager who regularly set Hearts up 5-5-0 would hardly be banging the goals in.

I read in an interview Winkie gave last November where he said something like he would never forgive himself or it would hang over his head for a long time if he got the managerial appointment wrong. Maybe he's just saving face by not acting.

Think most fans know enough of Winkie as a person to know he's likely not very happy at all with results or our style of football a
t the moment. We've seen how passionate he is and also how honest he has been to fans at games, calling results "shit" etc. In fact, I think Winkie is like a lot of us and doesn't promote spin or try and make a turd look shiny.

Neilson was never his first choice. Mitchell was. He just took too fucking long and again had no plan B when plan A went tits. The way that reads to me is saving face. People will be more respectful if you admit you made a mistake and move on. I know I would. The longer you waste coving your mistakes the worse the damage will be.

That'as probably where he went wrong, focusing on tits in Plan A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:03 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

If that's true, how do you think Neilson would react if Pete's introductory press conference was "So we wanted Paul Mitchell, didn't work out, so we panicked and got this guy in..."?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9