ReturnofMoo wrote:
My line up for Friday

................................. Seager

................................. Aneke

......... Nesbitt ..... Gilbey ..... Upson .... Ayribi

.... Golbourne .... Walsh .... Ebanks-Landell * .... Williams

.............................. Nicholls

* Wootton if he's injured

Subs: Lewington, Wootton, Cisse, Sietsma, Noumbe or Agard, Thomas Asante or Noumbe, Brittain

Would you really drop Brittain?

We all moan about PL managers not playing their youngsters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:43 am 

dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
My line up for Friday

................................. Seager

................................. Aneke

......... Nesbitt ..... Gilbey ..... Upson .... Ayribi

.... Golbourne .... Walsh .... Ebanks-Landell * .... Williams

.............................. Nicholls

* Wootton if he's injured

Subs: Lewington, Wootton, Cisse, Sietsma, Noumbe or Agard, Thomas Asante or Noumbe, Brittain

Would you really drop Brittain?

We all moan about PL managers not playing their youngsters.

Yes that was my most difficult decision ;) but if Hyde has a really quick left winger I would put him back in. I considered Williams experience, motivation and able to deal with high balls and corners / set pieces to be more suited to Friday. I would have liked to play them both but that would mean wing backs and I don't think we have done well recently with that. I also wouldn't want to play Walsh / Williams as a pair of centre backs because of lack of height.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 am 

I think we all try and shoehorn Williams into the side as he’s got a great attitude and performs decent in whatever role he’s asked. Sadly, he’s not first choice in any position - in my view.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:54 am 

dons50 wrote:
I think we all try and shoehorn Williams into the side as he’s got a great attitude and performs decent in whatever role he’s asked. Sadly, he’s not first choice in any position - in my view.

Yet when he played in September we weren't conceding goals. I see Walsh / Williams & EEL/ Wootton as alternative centre backs and Williams / Brittain as right back alternatives, depending on the type of winger / game and some games I would play Brittain over Williams. But we all have different opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:03 am 

dons50 wrote:

If we don't play last season's player of the season, we must be playing amazingly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 am 

Don Direction wrote:
dons50 wrote:

If we don't play last season's player of the season, we must be playing amazingly.

Fair enough, but in which position should he Play?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 am 

dons50 wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Fair enough, but in which position should he Play?

A good question. I would say the preference is the right side of the centre back pair, but since Walsh plays on the left & EEL on the right that leaves a partnership with Wootton, but Wooton has been under performing this season and EEL has been scoring from set pieces, although making a pig's ear of his passing. A secondary position is right back if the winger is not too quick and we need height at the back or if Brittain is unavailable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 am 

So, what was Robbie’s reasoning for the Cisse/Tshibola switch yesterday?

Even though I questioned the plaudits in our local press for Ouss’s last performance, he wasn’t deserving of being dropped.

As I suspected after Aaron was forced to sit on the naughty step after his Bradford howler, Robbie would find a way to bring him back into the fold. Yesterday was not the day to do it. Why drop a player who’d been steadily improving? AT did nothing particularly wrong yesterday, but why tinker with a midfield that need games together?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:01 am 

Camdenite wrote:
So, what was Robbie’s reasoning for the Cisse/Tshibola switch yesterday?

Even though I questioned the plaudits in our local press for Ouss’s last performance, he wasn’t deserving of being dropped.

As I suspected after Aaron was forced to sit on the naughty step after his Bradford howler, Robbie would find a way to bring him back into the fold. Yesterday was not the day to do it. Why drop a player who’d been steadily improving? AT did nothing particularly wrong yesterday, but why tinker with a midfield that need games together?

Bags of this....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am 

Couldn't get to the game yesterday, but I'm assuming Aneke was our 'no. 9'? If so who was in his (better IMO) role in behind the striker to support him? Blew my mind that we had 3 players who can play up front on the bench and moved a player in to another position instead of playing any of them (if that is what happened).