THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cisse article
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm 

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/foo ... -1-8211477

I’m really not sure what Toby saw on Saturday to warrant the hyperbole, but it’s better than the stick he gave Tshibola I suppose.

For me, Ouss is still a long way from being the reliable defensive midfielder that we need. He’s obviously got a touch of class on the ball, can pick a pass, and is a character (both on & off the pitch), but he needs to read the game a lot quicker and react to situations a lot more decisively than he currently is, let alone adapt to the physical nature of this league. It’ll come, but I feel this article is about three months ahead of schedule.

Post subject: Re: Cisse article
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/social-media-star-cisse-steps-out-of-the-shadows-1-8211477

I’m really not sure what Toby saw on Saturday to warrant the hyperbole, but it’s better than the stick he gave Tshibola I suppose.

For me, Ouss is still a long way from being the reliable defensive midfielder that we need. He’s obviously got a touch of class on the ball, can pick a pass, and is a character (both on & off the pitch), but he needs to read the game a lot quicker and react to situations a lot quicker than he currently is, let alone adapt to the physical nature of this league. It’ll come, but I feel this article is about three months ahead of schedule.

Have to say I agree, the article wouldn't have been too out of place in The matchday programme. He failed to mention the bit where he passed to Walsh who wasn't 5 yards where Ouss wanted him to be then flapped his hands around having a go at everyone including the manager whilst the game was still in play.
Need to go two in CM anyway and get a bit of width , not sure he could hold his own in a 2 at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:19 pm 

He’s obviously watching a different Cissé :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 pm 

Too casual on the ball, frustrating player has he obviously does have talent, hoping he improves with time and adapts to this level of football

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 am 

Allypally wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/social-media-star-cisse-steps-out-of-the-shadows-1-8211477

For me, Ouss is still a long way from being the reliable defensive midfielder that we need. He’s obviously got a touch of class on the ball, can pick a pass, and is a character (both on & off the pitch), but he needs to read the game a lot quicker and react to situations a lot quicker than he currently is, let alone adapt to the physical nature of this league. It’ll come, but I feel this article is about three months ahead of schedule.

Have to say I agree, the article wouldn't have been too out of place in The matchday programme. He failed to mention the bit where he passed to Walsh who wasn't 5 yards where Ouss wanted him to be then flapped his hands around having a go at everyone including the manager whilst the game was still in play.
Need to go two in CM anyway and get a bit of width, not sure he could hold his own in a 2 at the moment

My argument to this is that the defence will have been drilled all week on where to be when building out of defence. The wider center backs should have moved up and wide to cover the full back who's forwards and give an option that could help start an attack. If Cisse isn't looking because he's looking for a more attacking option but can't find one and then passes to where he thinks walsh should be (he should probably have been there as he's effectively a fullback in a 4atb at this point) is that really he fault or walsh's.

To be honest I think a lot of people are using Cisse as a scapegoat due to his lack of pace when they really should be having a go at the back 3 who managed to concede 4 goals to a team that created 1 chance the entire game and even that could have been stopped with some good positioning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 am 

He's been no better than tshibola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:14 am 

Gandi_Olfston wrote:
My argument to this is that the defence will have been drilled all week on where to be when building out of defence. The wider center backs should have moved up and wide to cover the full back who's forwards and give an option that could help start an attack. If Cisse isn't looking because he's looking for a more attacking option but can't find one and then passes to where he thinks walsh should be (he should probably have been there as he's effectively a fullback in a 4atb at this point) is that really he fault or walsh's.

To be honest I think a lot of people are using Cisse as a scapegoat due to his lack of pace when they really should be having a go at the back 3 who managed to concede 4 goals to a team that created 1 chance the entire game and even that could have been stopped with some good positioning.

I am with both you and Toby Lock on this one even though Toby may have been a tad over-complimentary about Cisse. Considering his poor knowledge of the English language and that he is obviously used to playing at a slower pace, Cisse is getting better by the game - noticeably so. We have to persevere with him as he has the ability become a key player for us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:35 am 

I thought he was pretty good and is improving. He's not the finished article yet (Camdenite is probably right with his 3 month prediction - Camdenite in being right shocker!*).

And there's more than a bit of sense in Gandi's post... Cissé has a right to expect his colleagues to take up the correct positions.

*posted on behalf of scumarmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am 

The same people moaning about Cisse are probably those who moaned about Potter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm 

I thought he had a good game, but I can't say he contributed to any of our goals or theirs, unless you can say he may have distracted their wall for Upson's free kick. I would say he is keeping out Tishibola on merit.