THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Us And Them
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:01 am 

Sausage wrote:
Gers wrote:
The occasional pun, once every ten or twenty years, can be effective.
Answer each and every post with one is massively boring.

This. My heart sinks when a potentially interesting thread gets hijacked with pun after fucking pun. Doesn’t happen on the Facebook group.

They're strangling this forum at birth.

I started light-hearted thread a couple of weeks ago entitled "What Ever Happen To..." Which was supposed to be a bit of fun. I, stupidity it turned out, thought that posters would have the intellectual capacity to pick up on the general idea and add their own. Aztec bars, that sort of thing. But it instantly became a thread of Strangers puns. One thread gasping for air, killed before it took its second breath.

Like I've already said above, the occasional pun can be effective. Answer with one every time kills a thread stone dead.

Feel free not to answer with a pun . You're killing the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:44 am 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
feel free to add your Pink Floyd puns

What an absolutely brilliant idea. Just what this place needs, more fucking puns.

Oscar Wilde once opined that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit, he was wrong. It's puns. They're not funny, they're rubbish.

This x1000

Seems that when someone adds a GIF as an attachment, rather than using the Img button, you can't 'quote' it.

But regardless, I don't care what Alfred Hitchcock thought of puns, given he was a sexual predator. Pun your way out of this, Alfred:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/31/tippi-hedren-alfred-hitchcock-sexually-assaulted-me

Oh, and no, I won't be there tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:58 am 

keyser soze wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
feel free to add your Pink Floyd puns

What an absolutely brilliant idea. Just what this place needs, more fucking puns.

Oscar Wilde once opined that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit, he was wrong. It's puns. They're not funny, they're rubbish.

This x1000

Seems that when someone adds a GIF as an attachment, rather than using the Img button, you can't 'quote' it.

But regardless, I don't care what Alfred Hitchcock thought of puns, given he was a sexual predator. Pun your way out of this, Alfred:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/31/tippi-hedren-alfred-hitchcock-sexually-assaulted-me

Oh, and no, I won't be there tonight.

He was a psycho who tried to hitch his cock because of the birds.

Those puns gave me vertigo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm 

1:0 down already.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:46 pm 

1-1 Sam Nombe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 pm 

leodon wrote:
1-1 Sam Nombe

FT.
Heh Heh. A draw is ok.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm 

Just got back from this game, totally dominated it after going behind, only their stubborn defending and a very good goalkeeper kept us from winning.

PW was there and was impressed with the performance of Bradley Bell, as were the rest of us supporters, he made some terrific runs and some really good passing and crossing

Kingston’s keeper caught the eye as well, made a couple of outstanding saves,

There are more of these U23 matches at Brackley coming up in the new year, three in January consecutively, well worth the six quid entry fee

Attendance tonight 128

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am 

Scribble wrote:
Just got back from this game, totally dominated it after going behind, only their stubborn defending and a very good goalkeeper kept us from winning.

PW was there and was impressed with the performance of Bradley Bell, as were the rest of us supporters, he made some terrific runs and some really good passing and crossing

There are more of these U23 matches at Brackley coming up in the new year, three in January consecutively, well worth the six quid entry fee

Attendance tonight 128

Next match at Brackley is on Monday next week (30/10) against Forest Green Rovers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:38 am 

mbbntmb wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Attendance tonight 128

Next match at Brackley is on Monday next week (30/10) against Forest Green Rovers.

Yes, I saw that somewhere too. However, think it might have been an out of date fixture list - as the game next week is an away cup game on Tuesday 31/10 at Ascot.
There is a home game in November against Colchester, but that seems to be a behind closed doors game at Stadium MK.
So no more at Brackley till the New Year as Scibble said.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

There are three Monday night games on the trot in January at Brackley, starting i think on the 8th v Bournemouth, then v Barnet the following week, can`t recall who is next after those, Brackley club official had written on a bit of scrap paper :(

Its worth going if its not too far from where you live, that was a pretty strong team we had out there and some good performances from some of the younger players, Oran had a good game at the back, also as mentioned before, Bradley on the left wing.

Andy Cullen was there as well as Pete, quite happy to chat about football stuff, all very relaxed and sociable evening.

The few Brackley Town supporters that went were very much pro MK Dons, as well as their officials, nice to be made welcome for a change :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next