THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm 

midland don wrote:
Gers wrote:
In all seriousness I know three people who left at half time. Their loss.

I remember Radar doing that at Wolves, and we were winning at the time :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Radar?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:55 pm 

midland don wrote:
Gers wrote:

He may, or may not have left early yesterday... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm 

Fed up with hearing guys behind me moan moan moan. It's really doing my head in. I never heard so much crap coming out of some peoples mouths. It is embarrassing listening to it, It's as if they have never been to a football game before. To top it all off , when we were getting beat 4-2 they said stuff this shit and left the stadium. I just don't get some people.

Last edited by johnny6eyes on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm 

midland don wrote:
Gers wrote:

He was so pissed he didn't know what day of the week it was. Genuinely thought it was full time as well. That was when we were just as bad as we are now...Ahh the memories!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
People behind us in block 6 left at 90 minutes with the score at 4-4 yesterday, all around me were laughing, I genuinely couldn't believe it! Why bother going in the first place, on a Saturday, do you really have to leave then?

Depends on if you have to travel far to get home for the X-Factor I suppose!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 pm 

I used to go away with Man U many years ago, Bedford supporters coach (double decker) picked up from Bedford bus station, it then picked up a handful from mk coachways, Walsall supporters club also shared the coach picking up at Hilton park services. The Walsall lads were half pissed before they even got on the coach, they carried on loads of alcohol for the remaining journey. The coach used to arrive in Manchester virtually precisely the time the railway club opened its doors (around a mile from old Trafford). Three quarters of the supporters got off the coach there. Some of the guys were so pissed they never even got in the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
I used to go away with Man U many years ago, Bedford supporters coach (double decker) picked up from Bedford bus station, it then picked up a handful from mk coachways, Walsall supporters club also shared the coach picking up at Hilton park services. The Walsall lads were half pissed before they even got on the coach, they carried on loads of alcohol for the remaining journey. The coach used to arrive in Manchester virtually precisely the time the railway club opened its doors (around a mile from old Trafford). Three quarters of the supporters got off the coach there. Some of the guys were so pissed they never even got in the ground.

Disgraceful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
People behind us in block 6 left at 90 minutes with the score at 4-4 yesterday, all around me were laughing, I genuinely couldn't believe it! Why bother going in the first place, on a Saturday, do you really have to leave then?

I just don't get it............I can understand leaving early if we are getting rammed, or if we are trouncing a team, I've done it, at Blackburn away this season, I was on the motorway when the final whistle went, but to leave with the game on a knife edge after we dragged ourselves back into is incredible.
There is really no point in going to a game whatsoever.
As I've said, this still only ranks second in the surreal moments this season, the other was watching people walk out in the final seconds of the Checkatrade match with Stevenage with the penalties still to come.

I walked out on 90 minutes at the checkatrade with my young son because I had to go pick up my teenager from work. Should I have stayed and watched the penalties and let her stand outside work on her own in darkness? I'd of loved to stay but my girls safety is worth more than watching a penalty
Is that a good enough excuse?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:13 pm 

Smarties wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I just don't get it............I can understand leaving early if we are getting rammed, or if we are trouncing a team, I've done it, at Blackburn away this season, I was on the motorway when the final whistle went, but to leave with the game on a knife edge after we dragged ourselves back into is incredible.
As I've said, this still only ranks second in the surreal moments this season, the other was watching people walk out in the final seconds of the Checkatrade match with Stevenage with the penalties still to come.

I walked out on 90 minutes at the checkatrade with my young son because I had to go pick up my teenager from work. Should I have stayed and watched the penalties and let her stand outside work on her own in darkness? I'd of loved to stay but my girls safety is worth more than watching a penalty

I agree it is a good reason, but I think you're slightly missing the point of the whole post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm 

Smarties wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

No. She should understand football comes first.

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next