THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Prepared to be wrong about this, but as far as I'm aware NR staff don't get Priv rate or free travel on any TOCs (outside of season tickets). The number of City fans can also be attributed to the young uns of MK now treating City as my generation did Liverpool and Man U.

As I stated they ALL headed towards the Network Rail building on exiting the station. Defintely staff.

Point granted about kids following City, but that doesn’t account for the sort of numbers I witnessed.

I would hazard a guess free travel was a sweetener offered to those relocating from Manchester. I know if I had a strong union behind me and I was told my job was moving 200 miles south then I’d be looking for such fringe benefits to be on the table. :lol:

The station car park is that way too. They may not all be from MK. I knew someone from Bedford who supports City and he used CMK.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Just as an aside, has anyone else witnessed the huge numbers (must have been 200+ last night) of Manchester City fans exiting CMK station at about 8pm on a Saturday night? Now before you all shout “Glory Hunters, Who Did You Used To Support” etc. it appears that they are all relocated Network Rail staff who take advantage of free travel up to Manchester for every home game. They all must have free parking too as they all turned left and headed to the site of the old NHS. ;)

I’d love to know what these arrangements they have are as someone who’s subsiding their travel and trying to get to Manchester a week on Friday for under £80!

Prepared to be wrong about this, but as far as I'm aware NR staff don't get Priv rate or free travel on any TOCs (outside of season tickets). The number of City fans can also be attributed to the young uns of MK now treating City as my generation did Liverpool and Man U.

So Man City are the real Franchise FC then?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

The station car park is that way too. They may not all be from MK. I knew someone from Bedford who supports City and he used CMK.

Granted, but as someone who travels through CMK a lot, it’s not something I’ve ever witnessed from any other team, and certainly not one as far away as City. I’m used to seeing a lot of London club shirts, a fair few Watford and and scattered West Mids teams, but this City Support is on another level.

It’s also something that wasn’t happening prior to the opening of Network Rail’s HQ.

Last edited by Camdenite on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Just as an aside, has anyone else witnessed the huge numbers (must have been 200+ last night) of Manchester City fans exiting CMK station at about 8pm on a Saturday night? Now before you all shout “Glory Hunters, Who Did You Used To Support” etc. it appears that they are all relocated Network Rail staff who take advantage of free travel up to Manchester for every home game. They all must have free parking too as they all turned left and headed to the site of the old NHS. ;)

I’d love to know what these arrangements they have are as someone who’s subsiding their travel and trying to get to Manchester a week on Friday for under £80!

I’ve seen a few before so that explains it, thought it was strange.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:01 am 

Have to say if we are shite i’l Walk up the stairs and watch the last few minutes from the concourse but wouldn’t have done that yesterday except my mate took me and wanted to actually leave on ninety minutes. I did however remain on the concourse until the final whistle. They also sit there, don’t sing or even get excited. Would sometimes rather be on my own or just with the people I sit around, can do my own thing then.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

As I stated they ALL headed towards the Network Rail building on exiting the station. Defintely staff.

Point granted about kids following City, but that doesn’t account for the sort of numbers I witnessed.

I would hazard a guess free travel was a sweetener offered to those relocating from Manchester. I know if I had a strong union behind me and I was told my job was moving 200 miles south then I’d be looking for such fringe benefits to be on the table. :lol:

My best mate is a train driver for thameslink or whatever they call themselves this week, he gets free rail travel on thameslink, he used to be able to travel on any network but they have stopped a lot of it now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Thats a fucking lie!! We wouldn’t allow anyone to live in Bedfordshire that supported that pile of shit. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

Thats a fucking lie!! We wouldn’t allow anyone to live in Bedfordshire that supported that pile of shit. ;)

Perhaps he lived in Warrington.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:52 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

So Man City are the real Franchise FC then?

Hush your mouth. MK Dons are the real Fra.....yap yap yawn..... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 pm 

Anyway......people leaving on 90 minutes yesterday .....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next