THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:13 pm 

Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
WTF.
We didn't lose. :ugeek:

We also didn't win.

It's hardly a disgrace to draw, especially how we fought back to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm 

Obviously all goals can be avoided and there will be more mistakes at this level but all 4 we conceded were poor today. The 2nd and 3rd were embarrassing although I think the ref played more than the 1m of injury time allowing the Walsh OG before the whistle.

I took my youngest boy to try and get him in to football and the dire atmosphere isn't helping - driven by the performance on the pitch (Bradford was his first game).
But after a good spell just after H/T and before F/T he seemed to enjoy it.
We are all like that at heart. We want to be entertained. Today delivered that but why does it take us to fall behind before we actually play (like the Oxford game)?

Can we just hoodwink Robbie in to thinking we start all games 0-2 down?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:16 pm 

The Walsh og was literally about 20 seconds after the board went up.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Obviously all goals can be avoided and there will be more mistakes at this level but all 4 we conceded were poor today. The 2nd and 3rd were embarrassing although I think the ref played more than the 1m of injury time allowing the Walsh OG before the whistle.

I took my youngest boy to try and get him in to football and the dire atmosphere isn't helping - driven by the performance on the pitch (Bradford was his first game).
We are all like that at heart. We want to be entertained. Today delivered that but why does it take us to fall behind before we actually play (like the Oxford game)?

Bradford was his first game?! I'm calling social services on you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
Terrible defensively playing a back 3 means the wing backs have to go up and back - ours didn’t (it’s a hard job) - we got exposed at the back time and time - Brittain has been good but today was totally out of his depth and allowed them to cross and we made so many mistakes !!

Why o why do we piss around with it at the back ? sometimes hoooof takes the pressure of and allows you to re shape !!

Last week everyone was moaning about hoofing it out of defence everytime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm 
You can't dispute that the team showed great persistence in getting back from 2-4 to 4-4 and certain players certainly earnt their money today, which makes a change.

However, let's not beat around the bush. This wasn't a 'success' at all We struggled at home to Oldham, a side we've beaten in all of our last six meetings back to Feb 2014, a side we beat 7-0 three seasons ago. They are not a team we should be worried about or struggling against.

This week against Walsall and Oldham should have been six points, and to scrape two draws is unacceptable. Just like the wins against Bury/Rochdale/Plymouth - I hope this doesn't lure people into a false sense of 'everything is alright'. Not beating Oldham and Walsall at home this season are failures, just like failing to beat a poor Northampton side.

This also doesn't get away from the fact that the football under Neilson, whilst improved today, is still utterly dull and shite and the worst I've seen at stadium mk (or the hockey stadium for that matter). The fact Upson is our joint-top goalscorer in the league says it all (!).

Also, regardless of whether Neilson is a professional, experienced manager or not, he is plain wrong with his team selection for our defence. Either Wootton or EEL need to be dropped and Williams brought back in - don't think Williams has put a foot wrong and has been a real leader who has always impressed at CB and in other positions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:38 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
AB4 wrote:

Bradford was his first game?! I'm calling social services on you!

Yes I didn't see it like this. Probably more of a punishment than smacking.
He has seen a fair few goals though to be fair. 13 in 2 games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
WTF.

We also didn't win.

It's hardly a disgrace to draw, especially how we fought back to do it.

100% yeah!
BOTTOM LINE (see my thread earlier) WE DIDN'T LOSE. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:28 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
We struggled at home to Oldham, a side we've beaten in all of our last six meetings back to Feb 2014, a side we beat 7-0 three seasons ago. They are not a team we should be worried about or struggling against.

The rest of your post might (or might not) be correct, but this bit is just silly. It assumes that other teams never develop and improve. Their recent results indicate they've improved. Their performance today underlines it. They are, currently, a good team at this level. 7-0 three years ago is irrelevent. Teams evolve, teams go downhill. Would Afobe, Grigg et al beat the current Man Yoo team 4-0?

Also, today wasn't "utterly dull and shite" in my opinion. We made some errors, we were poor in parts but we also played some good stuff. We're inconsistent and error prone and Neilson might not be the right man to take us forward long term. But in your eagerness to bang the anti-RN drum, you don't have any balance. I've seen plenty more shite served up in the last 10 years.

Pack up your typewriter and short-hand pad. You're fired.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:47 pm 

Gers wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
WTF.

We also didn't win.

So in conclusion none of you are fucking happy unless we win.

Very pathetic don't you think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next