THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 pm 

The problem today was individual poor mistakes and poor pass selection going forward not sure that anyone is to blame for that other than players.
In Neilson's defence he changed things up and we fought for a draw something we haven't managed in for a few seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:23 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
Utter Disgrace

I'd like anyone to come on here tonight and defend Neilson, Winkelman and the board after that. Embarrassing!

It was beyond obvious that Neilson was a poor choice. Anyone who follows Scottish fitbaw' could've told you that.
But no, we chose him anyway.

Bringing on our two most attacking wingers when we're chasing a game! Admittedly it worked. But why not start Ariyibi, who's been arguably our best player? And certainly showed that when he came on. It's too little, too late.

This club is going backwards faster than the Italian army.

You don't know what you're talking about mate. Your post's a disgrace.

That's as may be, but today we made a manager-less Oldham look like Man City last week. They were cutting through our defence at will. They'd obviously targeted EEL. We could see it, they could see it, Christ even my dog could see it. But not Neilson. Why not? For such a defence minded manager I find his faith in EEL disturbing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm 

Definitely papers over the cracks.

Credit to the side for coming back and equalising but the fact we are thrilled with a point at home regardless of the situation sums it up. Whoop de doo we had a good 10 minutes at the end, credit the spirit for the fight back but performance as a whole was absolutely fucking abysmal. Patience is running thin. And if we'd have lost that 3-1, 4-2 I'd have hated to have seen the response by the fans. .

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
Utter Disgrace

I'd like anyone to come on here tonight and defend Neilson, Winkelman and the board after that. Embarrassing!

It was beyond obvious that Neilson was a poor choice. Anyone who follows Scottish fitbaw' could've told you that.

Bringing on our two most attacking wingers when we're chasing a game! Admittedly it worked. But why not start Ariyibi, who's been arguably our best player? And certainly showed that when he came on. It's too little, too late.

That's as may be, but today we made a manager-less Oldham look like Man City last week. They were cutting through our defence at will. They'd obviously targeted EEL. We could see it, they could see it, Christ even my dog could see it. But not Neilson. Why not? For such a defence minded manager I find his faith in EEL disturbing.

They have a manager.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:30 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
Utter Disgrace

Mine is awful too. FFS never arrives before 3 o'clock.
I blame privatisation.... :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:41 pm 

Terrible defensively playing a back 3 means the wing backs have to go up and back - ours didn’t (it’s a hard job) - we got exposed at the back time and time - Brittain has been good but today was totally out of his depth and allowed them to cross and we made so many mistakes !!

Why o why do we piss around with it at the back ? sometimes hoooof takes the pressure of and allows you to re shape !!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:43 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
Terrible defensively playing a back 3 means the wing backs have to go up and back - ours didn’t (it’s a hard job) - we got exposed at the back time and time - Brittain has been good but today was totally out of his depth and allowed them to cross and we made so many mistakes !!

Why o why do we piss around with it at the back ? sometimes hoooof takes the pressure of and allows you to re shape !!

And allows them to come back at you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:50 pm 

Junglecad wrote:

I don't believe it was Brittain's fault as they overloaded his wing with the centre forward cleverly going wide. I believe it needed Ebanks-Landell to come wider and the defence sliding along to cover.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:00 pm 

WTF.
We didn't lose. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:05 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
WTF.
We didn't lose. :ugeek:

We also didn't win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next