THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Papering Over The Cracks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:19 pm 

Utter Disgrace

I'd like anyone to come on here tonight and defend Neilson, Winkelman and the board after that. Embarrassing!

It was beyond obvious that Neilson was a poor choice. Anyone who follows Scottish fitbaw' could've told you that.
But no, we chose him anyway.

Bringing on our two most attacking wingers when we're chasing a game! Admittedly it worked. But why not start Ariyibi, who's been arguably our best player? And certainly showed that when he came on. It's too little, too late.

This club is going backwards faster than the Italian army.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:28 pm 

I heard this on the radio and no no no. Yes there were terrible defensive mistakes and we could play better, but to show the spirit in keep coming back to get a draw is a big plus. We could have folded and everyone would be right to moan but we didn't and it was a best of British bulldog in fighting to the end.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:29 pm 

I agree with most of Gers comments. Brittain was completely exposed in first half didnt want to tackle Davies which led to third goal. Defensively we were a mess in those 45 and with 2 holding midfield as well. I havent a coaching badge but there was so much wrong in those 45 even i could have sorted it.
I think if we had not got a point and the improved second half neilson would have been under pressure. Lets hope apperton leaves leicester and pw has the balls to do what he needs to do othérwise im afraid we could join kfc in league 2 next year thats how bad we are.
Cracks papered over 4 now but yhis cannot go on

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 pm 

Gers wrote:
Utter Disgrace

I'd like anyone to come on here tonight and defend Neilson, Winkelman and the board after that. Embarrassing!

It was beyond obvious that Neilson was a poor choice. Anyone who follows Scottish fitbaw' could've told you that.
But no, we chose him anyway.

Bringing on our two most attacking wingers when we're chasing a game! Admittedly it worked. But why not start Ariyibi, who's been arguably our best player? And certainly showed that when he came on. It's too little, too late.

This club is going backwards faster than the Italian army.

You don't know what you're talking about mate. Your post's a disgrace.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

Don’t get me wrong I’m very pleased with the outcome after such a piss poor defensive display first half but Oldham could’ve been out of sight by half time. How a defensive minded manager could get things so wrong is beyond me. Oldham sliced through us first half like we weren’t there and did neilson change anything? Not that I saw. Only once it was 4 - 2 did he bring on arguably the two players that should’ve started, Rab and Harry B.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:48 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I heard this on the radio and no no no. Yes there were terrible defensive mistakes and we could play better, but to show the spirit in keep coming back to get a draw is a big plus. We could have folded and everyone would be right to moan but we didn't and it was a best of British bulldog in fighting to the end.

This.
People have been moaning about a lack of spirit but we showed it today. please give the side a bit of credit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:48 pm 

I think Cisse is shite. He passes backwards on the edge of their eighteen yard box.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 pm 

At 2-4 down we could have collapsed, we didn’t, a huge effort to claw back to 4-4 shows great spirit and determination, don’t forget this is a very in form Oldham team and I was happy to take a point after twice being two goals behind.

The backing from the crowd for the last 15 minutes was superb, they are still all very much behind the team and Robbie, lets continue doing that

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:59 pm 

Little hint to dear old Robbie, the atmosphere for those final 10 minutes were as a result of us having something to get behind :idea: Maybe, just maybe, leave the negative, defensive tactics until we've pretty much put a game to bed- that's the perfect time to play that way, not at home.

Mistakes or not, if we do not cut out the ball coming into the box, then we're going to keep conceding anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 pm 

Woburn wrote:
Little hint to dear old Robbie, the atmosphere for those final 10 minutes were as a result of us having something to get behind :idea: Maybe, just maybe, leave the negative, defensive tactics until we've pretty much put a game to bed- that's the perfect time to play that way, not at home.

Mistakes or not, if we do not cut out the ball coming into the box, then we're going to keep conceding anyway.

100% this