THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winkel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:39 pm 

Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
Anyone have any idea why Pete was hanging around in the tunnel last night , he appeared to be up to nothing at all apart from being in tne way a bit and occasionally talking to anyone interested including players

Is he not confident that Tis has his team's perfectly well drilling in their respective jobs or does he think he is better at it than Tisdale ?

No, he's just back to doing what I said in the OP. Was there for Macclesfield too.

Tisdale seemed to embrace him after both wins, so doesn't look like he's particularly bothered.

Pete loves giving everyone hugs. :lol:

That he may well do , I don't love that his decisions have lead to me paying £32 a pop to watch league 2 football . I wonder if he should be concerning himself with running the club and leaving the football to the football people

Seems very amateurish to me not matter whag Tisdales exterior may present

I can't imagine he does anything other than saying well done. Bar the disastrous Portsmouth incident last season, you only normally see him down there after victories.

I would be more concerned if he was there after draws or defeats to be honest.

He's done it for years, it's not a new hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:48 pm 

But let's say for instance Tisdale doesn t want to say well done to a player who thinks he may have played well , what if the Football Manager wants to make another point to the player and then maybe the Chairman's hug and "well done" dilutes the managers point somewhat

On the point the he has done it for years , wouldn't that enhance the the fact that he shouldn't do it in the future?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 pm 

Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
But let's say for instance Tisdale doesn t want to say well done to a player who thinks he may have played well , what if the Football Manager wants to make another point to the player and then maybe the Chairman's hug and "well done" dilutes the managers point somewhat

On the point the he has done it for years , wouldn't that enhance the the fact that he shouldn't do it in the future?

I doubt it. There's plenty of time for Tisdale to put his point across in the dressing room. A shake of a hand after a victory as the players are walking into the tunnel isn't undermining that IMO.

It's unusual and I did wonder why he stopped after Bury. Maybe he just didn't fancy the walk down for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
Anyone have any idea why Pete was hanging around in the tunnel last night , he appeared to be up to nothing at all apart from being in tne way a bit and occasionally talking to anyone interested including players

Is he not confident that Tis has his team's perfectly well drilling in their respective jobs or does he think he is better at it than Tisdale ?

No, he's just back to doing what I said in the OP. Was there for Macclesfield too.

Tisdale seemed to embrace him after both wins, so doesn't look like he's particularly bothered.

Pete loves giving everyone hugs. :lol:

That he may well do , I don't love that his decisions have lead to me paying £32 a pop to watch league 2 football . I wonder if he should be concerning himself with running the club and leaving the football to the football people

Seems very amateurish to me not matter whag Tisdales exterior may present

I can't imagine he does anything other than saying well done. Bar the disastrous Portsmouth incident last season, you only normally see him down there after victories.

I would be more concerned if he was there after draws or defeats to be honest.

He's done it for years, it's not a new hobby.

I heard Pete singing as he walked back down the tunnel “I’ll do what I want, I’ll do what I want, I am the chairman, I’ll do what I want” :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:09 pm 

I love doing well if it means we're back to moaning about pointless nonsense like this. It's his club, they're his players and his staff. If he wants to be down there at the end then that's his choice. If he doesn't, it's also his choice.

I'd much rather have Pete in charge then many of the other Football League chairmen around. He has his faults but his enthusiasm and how much he cares about the club are something that's sorely lacking through the leagues.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:19 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
I love doing well if it means we're back to moaning about pointless nonsense like this. It's his club, they're his players and his staff. If he wants to be down there at the end then that's his choice. If he doesn't, it's also his choice.

I'd much rather have Pete in charge then many of the other Football League chairmen around. He has his faults but his enthusiasm and how much he cares about the club are something that's sorely lacking through the leagues.

Well, it undermines the manger and the behavior is that of an amature , that's why other successful chairmen don't do it . That's fine if you're happy with that though

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:41 pm 

Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Well, it undermines the manger and the behavior is that of an amature , that's why other successful chairmen don't do it . That's fine if you're happy with that though

Undermines the manager? "pointless nonsense like this" :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 pm 

Mr. Pumblechook wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Absolute non-issue!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

100% This.

And this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:00 am 

DippyDon wrote:
I love doing well if it means we're back to moaning about pointless nonsense like this

This guy gets it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next