THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Please Pete, get rid.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm 

I'm bored of Robbie Neilson, I am bored of MK Dons and I am generally bored of this football we are being served up. I'm a season ticket holder and I just can't be bothered to spend the time to go watch this team of underperforming players playing awful football.

Please get rid of Neilson, and please promote Rubio to first team manager.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 pm 

In 2 minds on this. I want someone whose gonna pkay the dons way and id hope we'd get that aim for identity back under rubio whose schooled that way. However, I dont think we'd get that level of passion from him many are asking for in a manager having heard him interviewed before. He does,seem a cool, european character.also id be concerned at how many goals the teams hes been in charge of ship.at any level theres no excuse for conceding 3 or 4 even if you score 4 or 5 but it seems thats a regular factor in the u23's and u18's before that. And I know camdenite or someone will say thats what you get at that level and its not of much importance but id still be concerned whether he could get us a complete team and not just a pretty passing team.

So yea whilst im with you on wanting the return of the dons identity im not sure if ed rubio is the complete ready package and im not sure we can afford a repeat of the level of investment the last manager replacement took. To me it looks like our hands are tied a little bit and we wont be satisfied for a long time yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 pm 

Having said all that though bcs I would take ed rubio if it meant the start of a transitional phase back to our passing identity and he starts the ball rolling and either he sustains it and thrives or we bring someone in to compliment what he started when our finance sheets balance out and we recover from the last turnover.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 am 
Not sure if Rubio is the answer, but I am sure I've had enough of Neilson's depressing, cynical football and everything that has come with it.

It's not just the uninspired game management, but the lack of identity we have as a club under Neilson, the lack of engagement between fans and Neilson/the team. No wonder attendances are down. This isn't something one or two signings in January is going to fix, it needs a complete tactical overhaul with this team of players.

The thought of Neilson still being in charge in January and us still playing this brand of football is depressing. Can Pete not see we are going backwards even compared to the end of last season or is he blind and naive?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 am 

Seriously doubt that Pete's surprised with the style of play under Neilson.
I'm assuming that Pete's not an idiot, and therefore must've known RN's tactical rubbish.

Put it this way. If Hearts had played the same way as we did in the first 15mins of last night's match, the Jambos would be hailing him as the second coming of Guardiola.

He's not a particularly good coach. BUT we're not a particularly good team.
Go figure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 am 

It's bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 am 

Have to say last night felt like a chore watching that shite, even with a season ticket I'm seriously considering whether I can be arsed to turn up much longer. Had I not have had a season ticket it's a no brainer. All I got out of last night was my car dirty driving home, I can't ever recall going home from any football match thinking that before. Zero enjoyment anymore!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 am 

Its not just the manager who is the problem. Again we are seeing substandard performances from a squad made from frees and loans. We have a midfield who can't support a strike force who are desperate for goals. Therefore, we can't just lay it just on neilsons door. Everyone is responsible. Players managers owners. Yeah the football maybe dull but that's what we have put up with for three seasons now and I doubt it will change

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Its not just the manager who is the problem. Again we are seeing substandard performances from a squad made from frees and loans. We have a midfield who can't support a strike force who are desperate for goals. Therefore, we can't just lay it just on neilsons door. Everyone is responsible. Players managers owners. Yeah the football maybe dull but that's what we have put up with for three seasons now and I doubt it will change

I think something will have to change or I really do think the fan base will drop significantly. Only £10 last night and one of the lowest gates we've had in a league game. Certainly was no where near 7,200 or whatever the official figure was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I think something will have to change or I really do think the fan base will drop significantly. Only £10 last night and one of the lowest gates we've had in a league game. Certainly was no where near 7,200 or whatever the official figure was.

Was the emptiest league game I've seen in years.