THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Our 'new' strikeforce
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:55 pm 

How will it pan out, now we know Chuks and Sow are to remain here? Vote in the poll:

http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2146

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:12 am 

Still can't see Chucks staying. Sort of expecting a contract cancellation eventually.

They can't risk him disrupting the rest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:12 pm 

bigpaul101 wrote:
Still can't see Chucks staying. Sort of expecting a contract cancellation eventually.

Even if we cancel his contract he can't play for another club until January. If he's got any sense he'll get his head down and do well for us to attract bids.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:47 pm 

bigpaul101 wrote:

Has anyone been interested in Chucks? I genuinely don't know. I heard rumours of Brentford. Don't know how much legs that had. He can be only sold if some club wants to buy.

Chucks is our best attacker by far, but we are not doing too badly 11 points out of 5 games. Forget that we only have scored 5 goals you only need to win a game 1-0. It is a good headache to have but if we require two attackers for me it would be Agard as he has not done too badly from what i have heard and Chucks for the reasons stated above

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm 

Boodie71 wrote:
bigpaul101 wrote:

Even if we cancel his contract he can't play for another club until January. If he's got any sense he'll get his head down and do well for us to attract bids.

I hope the daft beggar realises this. PT's comments after the match on 3CR were very evasive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Boodie71 wrote:
bigpaul101 wrote:

I hope the daft beggar realises this. PT's comments after the match on 3CR were very evasive.

Is this true? Can’t a club sign a free agent anytime?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm 

If sow and aneke don't start against posh, then I don't think we will see much of them this season, this is crazy lack of goals is a problem, yet we don't play our to main strikers, if they don't want to play for whatever reason then cancel contracts they must be on top money, can't make my mind up, weather they don't want to play or tisdale does not fancy than, posh game should tell us a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Boodie71 wrote:
bigpaul101 wrote:

Is this true? Can’t a club sign a free agent anytime?

Not if that player only became a free agent after the window closed.
If he was registered with a club when it closed, he can't be released and then join another club and play for them.
Clubs can only sign and play players who were already free agents.

Thanks. I didn’t know that, I hope Chuks does!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 pm 

Tis was a bit coy about Chuks in his interview, saying he was leaving the door open without sounding particularly positive.

I suppose it’s down to Chuks now, he will have to start to get his head together, because at the moment his career is going down the shitter, shame as he is a talented player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:30 pm 

Hugo wrote:
If sow and aneke don't start against posh, then I don't think we will see much of them this season, this is crazy lack of goals is a problem, yet we don't play our to main strikers, if they don't want to play for whatever reason then cancel contracts they must be on top money, can't make my mind up, weather they don't want to play or tisdale does not fancy than, posh game should tell us a lot.

They aren't fit Hugo, Sow is coming back....just! That will be why you haven't seen them.