THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:01 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE, REVIEW & RESULTSWALSALL
It really is a job to know what to say anymore, firstly I’m struggling to work out how the hell we are just 4 points off the playoff places, but let’s not forget just six points off the relegation zone.

It really is dull boring football, and I note that the dissenters are growing in strength, people are saying they can’t be arsed to go, and that’s even with a season ticket in their back pocket.

It also appears that some of those firmly backing the introduction of Neilson and the sacking of Robbo, are now starting to have their doubts, and if the dwindling home support is anything to go by, that area of support, or lack of it is only going to get bigger.

I’m not saying we should have not got rid of Robbo, the time was possibly right, but this feels worse even though we are in a better position statistically.

Football is a result driven industry, but I would argue that there is an element of entertainment in it for some, so you must ask, could you handle dull boring football if we are winning and riding high at the top end of the league?

We all want to win, but for our hard earned we also want to be entertained, I don’t think that’s unreasonable, every now and again would be a start, but again outside of that second half against Oxford, when have we shown that urgency, passion, desire?

Can you count the AFC game in that, I’m not sure, in honesty I didn’t care how we did it, all I cared about was beating them......so there you go results over entertainment, we’ve gone full circle?

I’m also getting a bit more confused over the gaffer and his comments, the other week he described Tshibola as one of the better players in the AFC game, apparently, he said last night, he couldn’t ask anymore from the team......well perhaps he bloody well should, if that’s the best he and they can offer, the end of the season games will give the impression that we are playing behind closed doors.

He is so bloody monotone in his responses to questions, it’s starting to get on my bloody nerves, even more than Robinson’s endless crap, and it’s the same old shit every week, can this man show some passion, get animated or something, or even hang one on Luke Ashmead, who I might add although right in his descriptions of the games is also getting on my nerves.

I still maintain this all went wrong the day we got promoted, I said it that day and people laughed and poured scorn, but I’ve seen little that has happened to change my point of view, we showed too much loyalty to players that were in honesty second fiddle to the likes of Dele, Grigg, Afobe, Lewis Baker etc.

Instead of investing in the team we gave improved contracts to the likes of Powell & Bowditch who as we can see are really setting Northampton’s aspirations on fire, lack of investment cost this club dear, and we are still paying the penalty three years on.

Can we shake ourselves out of it, who bloody knows, we are playing bloody awful and incredibly we haven’t been relegated yet, I guess it could be a lot worse, as I still feel if some of them played like they gave a fuck we could actually turn this season round and get a move on, remember, Neilson said he wants to get promoted as of right, and not through the playoffs, well I would venture Mr Neilson, you either start throwing some fucks into the team, or that ship will be sailed by Christmas.

So, what are looking at for Saturday, well I can’t see any further than more agony, Oldham are on the rise, and we look, well you know what we look like, and of course on the horizon we have Hyde United in the FA Cup, well if we lose that one I’m going to suggest that Neilson can run be he won’t be able to Hyde if the worst imaginable happens.

Looking at the APL side of things, we had 41 predictions, down on the 50 plus we get for Saturday games, and out of those 41 just 10 got amongst the points. All the pointers were there, well on paper at least, the most common result of this game being a 1-1 draw, and Walsall returning several 1-1 results lately.

6 people correctly predicted that and get 5 points, just 2 people predicted Chuks and get 10 points each, but nobody coupled the two together.

Looking at the table Southstander goes back to the top, but kempstondons6 tracks his every move, both predicting Chuks as the scorer, and Woburn as the current Champion continues his stealth like progress up the table, and last week’s leader MK59DON slips back into 4th place.

Still a long way to go, and with three more Double Bubble games still to come, the next one being the fixture at Scunthorpe in early December.

Keep your chin up, see you on Saturday.

8-) WellDon

APL Hall of Fame
2 – Southstander, MK59DON
1 – mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Camdenite, Scribble, Blodwyn, Peterr

APL League Table 2017/18
53 POINTS – Southstander
52 PONTS – kempstondons6
47 POINTS - Woburn
44 POINTS – MK59DON
42 POINTS – epdon
41 POINTS – SG19Cowshed das Boot
40 POINTS – Camdenite
36 POINTS – Scribble, Bloxham Don
35 POINTS – familymkdonsfan, Nobbydon
32 POINTS - Sparky
30 POINTS – Bex’s Dad, Bill
28 POINTS – mightydons, FilthyDon, OldStratfordDon
27 POINTS – Dunstable Don, Greg
26 POINTS – Kowalski, Just A Don
25 POINTS - ChaChaDon
24 POINTS – BuzzardDon
23 POINTS – Grundit
20 POINTS – Blodwyn
19 POINTS - Fraser
18 POINTS – Dazzerdon
17 POINTS – mkdonsdan4
16 POINTS – edmundpwb, APMKDon, TomMac&Ernie, Dons50, JackDon
14 POINTS – Scumarmy
13 POINTS – RussybCool, Matthew
12 POINTS – Peterr, donnette
11 POINTS – Third Team Lucky, Steelback Don
10 POINTS – Croydon, WellDon, leodon, BearHidesBoy64
9 POINTS – Locutus, yorkie, MBenn90455, MKAylesburyDon, Zippy
8 POINTS – chrisdon, DonsDuck, Cheffy1, Don gal, silverous
7 POINTS – ExtraTime, MKBuffalo
6 POINTS – Dad_of_A _Don, Concretecowbelle, Oldfarmdons, Steelback Don
4 POINTS – Zameen, Ten-Don, Adebayo Akinfenwa, OakeeDokee, DBDON
2 POINTS – BetterCallSaul, DippyDon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:07 am 

Eieieio up the apl league I go. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm 

Stealth and me are not often mentioned in the same sentence :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm 
Good post, and I agree obviously.

Impressive repetition of the word 'bloody', which featured five times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm 

Only 42 points behind the Leader... optimism isn’t paying off!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Good post, and I agree obviously.

Impressive repetition of the word 'bloody', which featured five times.

I thought it was bloody good as well.