THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:32 am 

WellDon wrote:
Anybody that was at Pompey will tell you that the atmosphere from our fans was superb for most of the game, simply because we are all sat together.
Songs for loads of the players, nearly all in fact.
If you want atmos at home, rather than scatter fans all around a stadium, they need to be together to create something and with the dwindling support it's only going to get worse.

Yes, was a decent atmosphere, still say we should have had a smaller ground, like say a Shrewsbury, fill out 10k most weeks and create an atmosphere that fills the ground, but definitely close the corners and get people together like cup games, it really is a no brainer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 am 
Time to get out the Vuvuzela?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:53 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Anybody that was at Pompey will tell you that the atmosphere from our fans was superb for most of the game, simply because we are all sat together.
Songs for loads of the players, nearly all in fact.
If you want atmos at home, rather than scatter fans all around a stadium, they need to be together to create something and with the dwindling support it's only going to get worse.

Yes, was a decent atmosphere, still say we should have had a smaller ground, like say a Shrewsbury, fill out 10k most weeks and create an atmosphere that fills the ground, but definitely close the corners and get people together like cup games, it really is a no brainer.

As somebody said previously, it would be a hard sell to move people out of the corners if that is where they would like to sit. This is the problem with having a stupidly big ground.

Maybe phase it out over time. IE any new season ticket holders don't get to sit in the corners they can only pick down the sides or the cowshed. Plus where do you put the family stand? still needs to be one and the only other place they can go is by the away fans, which is a silly idea!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm 

The family stand is the corner and part of the west stand. We sit aisle 20 which is next to the commentators, right on the 18 yard box. We could easily take the corner people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:

If Pete & Charles had approached the three man commission with grandiose plans to move a team 56 miles and build something on the scale of Shrewsbury they’d have been rightly laughed out of the room.
A thirty thousand capacity stadium was the bare minimum.

Therefore any discussions are completely irrelevant about “its too big” or “I used to love the old Cowshed at the NHS”. You’d not have had a continuation of WFC to follow and would be a full time Brakes fan! ;)

Still, at least when we do get those plum cup draws we can get the revenue of 30,000 people while Shrewsbury’s commercial director has to go on tv saying “we could have sold out three times over”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:28 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
We seem to do this atmosphere thread fairly often...

I do agree though it is really poor ATM. The bulk of the singing comes from aisle 12 but they seem very downbeat right now and that in turn shuts down the little pockets of singers elsewhere (like my small chorus between 14 & 15). I don't see it improving anytime soon.

We do try don't we! hard work to get anyone to join in these days :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:51 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

If Pete & Charles had approached the three man commission with grandiose plans to move a team 56 miles and build something on the scale of Shrewsbury they’d have been rightly laughed out of the room.
A thirty thousand capacity stadium was the bare minimum.

Therefore any discussions are completely irrelevant about “its too big” or “I used to love the old Cowshed at the NHS”. You’d not have had a continuation of WFC to follow and would be a full time Brakes fan! ;)

Still, at least when we do get those plum cup draws we can get the revenue of 30,000 people while Shrewsbury’s commercial director has to go on tv saying “we could have sold out three times over”

I have nothing against the size of our ground, but you can see why people take the piss when, like Tuesday there was probably only 5.5 k inside and there's no atmosphere.
I've decided not to go to Bristol rovers away, instead my hard earned will be taking me and Matthew to Leamington.v North Ferriby on the conference north, after that debacle at Portsmouth, I know we have no right to win any game, same as anyone, but there are ways to lose, that wasn't one of them, besides its £70 I can save! We also be going to Leamington v Boston the following Saturday, and when Leamington get there new ground in three years, and a short walk from my house, we'll be getting a season ticket there, so you're right, we will be full time brakes fans, gold and black army!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 pm 

[/quote]
I have nothing against the size of our ground, but you can see why people take the piss when, like Tuesday there was probably only 5.5 k inside and there's no atmosphere.
I've decided not to go to Bristol rovers away, instead my hard earned will be taking me and Matthew to Leamington.v North Ferriby on the conference north, after that debacle at Portsmouth, I know we have no right to win any game, same as anyone, but there are ways to lose, that wasn't one of them, besides its £70 I can save! We also be going to Leamington v Boston the following Saturday, and when Leamington get there new ground in three years, and a short walk from my house, we'll be getting a season ticket there, so you're right, we will be full time brakes fans, gold and black army!![/quote]

I don’t think there was even 5,000 on Tuesday, the stadium is always going to be too big unless we eventually hit the top league.

I don’t blame you for watching Leamington, I pop across and watch Brackley if it doesn’t clash with a Dons match, it’s still a good level of football and mostly more entertaining

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm 

Scribble wrote:

I've decided not to go to Bristol rovers away, instead my hard earned will be taking me and Matthew to Leamington.v North Ferriby on the conference north, after that debacle at Portsmouth, I know we have no right to win any game, same as anyone, but there are ways to lose, that wasn't one of them, besides its £70 I can save! We also be going to Leamington v Boston the following Saturday, and when Leamington get there new ground in three years, and a short walk from my house, we'll be getting a season ticket there, so you're right, we will be full time brakes fans, gold and black army!![/quote]

I don’t think there was even 5,000 on Tuesday, the stadium is always going to be too big unless we eventually hit the top league.

I don’t blame you for watching Leamington, I pop across and watch Brackley if it doesn’t clash with a Dons match, it’s still a good level of football and mostly more entertaining[/quote]

Absolutely, Brackley is about 30 minutes from us, it's a derby of sorts for Leamington, seen three games already this season, so far hasn't clashed with a Dons game, but next Saturday is a first.

I was so dissalusioned after getting into the championship, we made poor summer signings leading up to the championship season, more poor ones in January, leading to an obvious relegation.
We actually went backwards after going up, I know all about Alli not there etc, Will Grigg went to league one, still can't believe we wouldn't sign him, showed me all I needed to know, I signed up for last season for season tickets, on the evidence of the second half of last season under Nielson, we did the same.
Our commitment to supporting MK Dons, as a Wimbledon fan of before, has never wavered until now, the football we've been served up this season is nothing short of awful, we made a poor side like Walsall look ok in Tuesday, we used to easily beat teams like that, the football now is ordinary to say the least, our three hours round trip to and from home games is taking its toll, I'm not being entertained, so football a mile away, with more passion is where I'm heading next season if there is no improvement between now and the end of the season.
Following football is an expensive pastime, and if your not getting value for money, then........

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:32 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Time to get out the Vuvuzela?

Oo er missus. ;)