THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 am 

Who is to say lewington could not be our manager with a good number two, it would a first job for him , a gamble , but he would tick all the boxes as regards identity and he gets the club inside out , what a story for the papers if we gave him the job and got in his dad as the number two.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am 

Hugo wrote:
Who is to say lewington could not be our manager with a good number two, it would a first job for him , a gamble , but he would tick all the boxes as regards identity and he gets the club inside out , what a story for the papers if we gave him the job and got in his dad as the number two.

A possible alternative, would be to keep Robbie but make Dean the Assistant Manager, to bring the passion and identity back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 am 

We already have an assistant manager.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 am 

Do we even know if Lewington wants to move into coaching/management?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 am 

Bill wrote:
But it is not about results, it is about the club and the community it has built up, be it with the Fans or SET any of the other initiatives that have been used to build the club up from virtually scrap.

Even when we were facing relegation the calls for Robbo's head were equaled by those that wanted him to stay. Who really wants Robbie to stay? and why?

The club has lost it's identity, its passion, its soul and its essence, and no pot of gold will put them back, but a manager who genuinely wants to be part of the club (rather than just a stepping stone) could.

And yet our fans are sponsoring 3 players this season (via the FB forum).
Also the aged cynic in me suspects that a good run of winning might provide a Damascian conversion to a lot of the RN out crowd, especially those most vocal on social media.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am 

Alby wrote:

I suspect a large percentage of our fanbase couldn’t even name him let alone the first team coach under him!

That’s a clear indication of the “disconnect” talked about on another thread.

I feel we’re very much a stepping stone for Robbie and his team and so, with that in mind, I don’t think he can afford to get this wrong over the longer term. I’m sure it will improve, the football might not, but then if it gets us back to The Championship then I think D50 & myself will be lone voices expressing our displeasure. :lol:

Let’s face it too, the moment he does have any success with us, there’s absolutely no chance he’ll remain loyal in the way his predecessor did. That’s fair enough, and I’m sure Pete went into this appointment with open eyes, but it does also hint at another reason why he’s perceived as not being quite right for us, aside from the meat & potato’s football we’re being served up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:28 am 

Bill wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
We didn't actually lose though...... :ugeek:

Correct and have poor results all been the manager's fault? Take the last three games alone; v Bradford, Tshibola sent off in the early minutes. V Portsmouth, Ebanks-Landell virtually gifts them the first goal and Golbourne should have prevented the second.
V Walsall Ebanks-Landell concedes a stupid and needless penalty.
Perhaps the manager needs some luck or could he be like Robbo - a stickler for playing a set way when he hasn't got players to good enough do it?

But it is not about results, it is about the club and the community it has built up, be it with the Fans or SET any of the other initiatives that have been used to build the club up from virtually scrap.

Even when we were facing relegation the calls for Robbo's head were equaled by those that wanted him to stay. Who really wants Robbie to stay? and why?

The club has lost it's identity, its passion, its soul and its essence, and no pot of gold will put them back, but a manager who genuinely wants to be part of the club (rather than just a stepping stone) could.

Sorry Bill, but I can't believe you meant what you said! Football is based upon results, our existence depends upon results! Top clubs don't spend millions on players because they are good at socializing or whatever, they buy them to help get better results.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby wrote:

I suspect a large percentage of our fanbase couldn’t even name him let alone the first team coach under him!

I feel we’re very much a stepping stone for Robbie and his team and so, with that in mind, I don’t think he can afford to get this wrong over the longer term. I’m sure it will improve, the football might not, but then if it gets us back to The Championship then I think D50 & myself will be lone voices expressing our displeasure. :lol:

Let’s face it too, the moment he does have any success with us, there’s absolutely no chance he’ll remain loyal in the way his predecessor did. That’s fair enough, and I’m sure Pete went into this appointment with open eyes, but it does also hint at another reason why he’s perceived as not being quite right for us, aside from the meat & potato’s football we’re being served up.

Stevie Crawford. I win!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby wrote:

Mate if we play crap football but get stuck in with tackles and are generally hprrible ladybits to play against grabbing 2-1's and getting yellow cards galore and the players all have filthy kits then great. I won't complain. Even better if we have that and RN and the players give us a clap and build up a relationship with the fans it'd be fine. It just seems stale and dusty. Like it's completely fucking beige mate.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 am 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Bill wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
We didn't actually lose though...... :ugeek:

Correct and have poor results all been the manager's fault? Take the last three games alone; v Bradford, Tshibola sent off in the early minutes. V Portsmouth, Ebanks-Landell virtually gifts them the first goal and Golbourne should have prevented the second.
V Walsall Ebanks-Landell concedes a stupid and needless penalty.
Perhaps the manager needs some luck or could he be like Robbo - a stickler for playing a set way when he hasn't got players to good enough do it?

Sorry Bill, but I can't believe you meant what you said! Football is based upon results, our existence depends upon results! Top clubs don't spend millions on players because they are good at socializing or whatever, they buy them to help get better results.

I meant the fans feeling of dissatisfaction, even if the results were better, I think people would still feel disconnected and unhappy with the direction in which the club seems to be lurching. There would be less calls for RN to go, but there would still be the feeling that something isn't right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next