THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 am 

RedDotDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Its not just the manager who is the problem. Again we are seeing substandard performances from a squad made from frees and loans. We have a midfield who can't support a strike force who are desperate for goals. Therefore, we can't just lay it just on neilsons door. Everyone is responsible. Players managers owners. Yeah the football maybe dull but that's what we have put up with for three seasons now and I doubt it will change

I think something will have to change or I really do think the fan base will drop significantly. Only £10 last night and one of the lowest gates we've had in a league game. Certainly was no where near 7,200 or whatever the official figure was.

Was the emptiest league game I've seen in years.

I walked round near the restaurants 15 minutes before kick off and saw less than a handful of people. Normally on match day you can't move. It really was surprising how empty it was!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 am 

Why I want to know is why people keep saying give him until the summer and "it's a building process" and shit. Yeah building process it may be so why hail all your eggs in one basket and change the team man for man overnight? Why not keep a few of the players we let go like Bowditch and Potter? No they're not great but a gradual change would've worked far better than an overhaul.

And I don't go into every game thinking aye we may lose today but in 3 years time we may be good. What if we aren't good? What if it isn't improving? When do we know when it's time to get rid? Is it better to do it early before x amounts of dire footballers who can only play a one dimensional shit show of football come in who will take ages to get rid of, or is it better to wait and see what could be and probably won't be in 2/3 years, have no players with an MK Dons connection or understanding, then end up with another manager who has no care or idea about what the club has been like for about 7/ 8 years and we move further and further from the identity we've strived for for so long before. Worked so long to get and genuinely build...

Sorry but I am seeing absolutely nothing positive from the club right now in the first team aspect. Three points off playoffs or not. We have zero chance playing this way and the longer Robbie goes on acting like it's fine this way then the further we fall away and worse it'll get.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Its not just the manager who is the problem. Again we are seeing substandard performances from a squad made from frees and loans. We have a midfield who can't support a strike force who are desperate for goals. Therefore, we can't just lay it just on neilsons door. Everyone is responsible. Players managers owners. Yeah the football maybe dull but that's what we have put up with for three seasons now and I doubt it will change

I think something will have to change or I really do think the fan base will drop significantly. Only £10 last night and one of the lowest gates we've had in a league game. Certainly was no where near 7,200 or whatever the official figure was.

What can change? Winky hasn't changed his philosophy in 10 years. His son has a job for life whilst winky is the boss and his pals and missus are directors.

The only thing that will change is the lack of support. Now I don't want that to happen as it will prove those wankers right that franchise football can't work.

Robbo clearly isn't a bad manager as Charlton are doing ok flirting with the plays offs. So what's the common denominator here? Its been said people will still go regardless and whilst that happens winky will still do what he does.

However, if Neilson does go who will replace him? We took 6 weeks (maybe longer I forget) to hire him. Longer than most clubs do. Edu maybe but I don't see it myself. No experience of managing in English football. He would be no better than what we have now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 am 
Alby wrote:
Why I want to know is why people keep saying give him until the summer and "it's a building process" and shit. Yeah building process it may be so why hail all your eggs in one basket and change the team man for man overnight? Why not keep a few of the players we let go like Bowditch and Potter? No they're not great but a gradual change would've worked far better than an overhaul.

And I don't go into every game thinking aye we may lose today but in 3 years time we may be good. What if we aren't good? What if it isn't improving? When do we know when it's time to get rid? Is it better to do it early before x amounts of dire footballers who can only play a one dimensional shit show of football come in who will take ages to get rid of, or is it better to wait and see what could be and probably won't be in 2/3 years, have no players with an MK Dons connection or understanding, then end up with another manager who has no care or idea about what the club has been like for about 7/ 8 years and we move further and further from the identity we've strived for for so long before. Worked so long to get and genuinely build...

Sorry but I am seeing absolutely nothing positive from the club right now in the first team aspect. Three points off playoffs or not. We have zero chance playing this way and the longer Robbie goes on acting like it's fine this way then the further we fall away and worse it'll get.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am 

Alby wrote:

This, especially the aspect of losing our identity and what we have built up, and the losing connection with the players/manager and fans. I would have also liked to have retained Potter and Bowditch. It's not a great place to be in right now...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:20 pm 

We didn't actually lose though...... :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

Correct and have poor results all been the manager's fault? Take the last three games alone; v Bradford, Tshibola sent off in the early minutes. V Portsmouth, Ebanks-Landell virtually gifts them the first goal and Golbourne should have prevented the second.
V Walsall Ebanks-Landell concedes a stupid and needless penalty.
Perhaps the manager needs some luck or could he be like Robbo - a stickler for playing a set way when he hasn't got players to good enough do it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:43 pm 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Correct and have poor results all been the manager's fault? Take the last three games alone; v Bradford, Tshibola sent off in the early minutes. V Portsmouth, Ebanks-Landell virtually gifts them the first goal and Golbourne should have prevented the second.
V Walsall Ebanks-Landell concedes a stupid and needless penalty.
Perhaps the manager needs some luck or could he be like Robbo - a stickler for playing a set way when he hasn't got players to good enough do it?

But it is not about results, it is about the club and the community it has built up, be it with the Fans or SET any of the other initiatives that have been used to build the club up from virtually scrap.

Even when we were facing relegation the calls for Robbo's head were equaled by those that wanted him to stay. Who really wants Robbie to stay? and why?

The club has lost it's identity, its passion, its soul and its essence, and no pot of gold will put them back, but a manager who genuinely wants to be part of the club (rather than just a stepping stone) could.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:11 am 

I think you are missing the point, if we want a manger that is going to be part of the club identity and all that, it has to be someone that is already here like Rubio or Mike dove , if not it has to be Karl Robinson or ince back again, or lewington or potter as manager, the only other one I can think of is Ray Mathias what his he doing now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 am 

Hugo wrote:
I think you are missing the point, if we want a manger that is going to be part of the club identity and all that, it has to be someone that is already here like Rubio or Mike dove , if not it has to be Karl Robinson or ince back again, or lewington or potter as manager, the only other one I can think of is Ray Mathias what his he doing now.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next