THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 pm 

Fuck me. They literally did not threaten us ALL game. Not once. That is not a draw, its a loss. 2 points thrown away for the 3rd time.

Tisdale saw it necessary not to make a single change. Absolutely ludicrous. Agard and Simpson had done the sum total of sod all all game yet we decided to persevere and not use Sow, Nombe or Healey.

We didn't want to win that game 2-0 or 3-0 or 4-0 (we easily could have), for some reason we wanted to win it 1-0. Can we not afford the players goal bonuses or something?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:05 pm 
Absolutely fuming.

We have 4 minutes time added on, in a tight game, with no subs having been made.

Why not bring on a sub or two or three during time added on to wind the clock down?!! Take off an attacker and bring on Cissé or something.

Ofcourse he will defend his choice, and no doubt people will defend him and remind us he knows better than anyone else, but seriously that was an amateur error on his part.

Surprisingly naive from Tisdale. :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:07 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Absolutely fuming.

We have 4 minutes time added on, in a tight game, with no subs having been made.

Why not bring on a sub or two or three during time added on to wind the clock down?!! Take off an attacker and bring on Cissé or something.

Surprisingly naive from Tisdale. :evil: :evil:

Probably one of the most frustrating games I've watched. I was hoping for a striker change around 60mins and it never happened. Not even to run the clock down towards the end.

Fuck off with all these 1-0 wins. Its so risky, we are good enough to go 2-0 or 3-0 up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:13 pm 

Swindon had loads of chances, if they weren’t so poor they would have won that. They always looked like they’d nick one.

Exter did say he liked to defend a one nil lead. That was painful to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:17 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Swindon had loads of chances, if they weren’t so poor they would have won that. They always looked like they’d nick one.

I don't recall Nicholls making a save all game. Their keeper made 3 or 4 very good saves. I just cannot get over the lack of subs. What was he thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:38 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

I don't recall Nicholls making a save all game. Their keeper made 3 or 4 very good saves. I just cannot get over the lack of subs. What was he thinking.

Most of their shots were off target. They also missed a few crosses (so no actual shot but if they were any good there would have been one). The equaliser was coming.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:38 pm 

Or.....if 3 players hadn't jumped for one ball we probably would have ground it out.

Stop wetting your pants you wet lettuces. Unbeaten still, ready......WE GO AGAIN! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:39 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

Yip.
He's done the right thing so far, making us tough to beat and, with Aneke and Sow's ongoing injury and transfer issues, focusing on the defence and midfield.
However, I think this cagey tactic is also in keeping with Tisdale's general style of management and I'd be surprised if it changed much as the season progresses. I think whoever our strikers are - Aneke and Sow, or a combination of the others - I think they'll generally have mostly defensive minded team-mates around them and very little creativity provided for them.
That said, we should keep picking up a good number of low scoring draws and wins as Tisdale's style gets results, just not with the most entertaining of football.

2-0 would have killed the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:40 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

Yip.
He's done the right thing so far, making us tough to beat and, with Aneke and Sow's ongoing injury and transfer issues, focusing on the defence and midfield.
However, I think this cagey tactic is also in keeping with Tisdale's general style of management and I'd be surprised if it changed much as the season progresses. I think whoever our strikers are - Aneke and Sow, or a combination of the others - I think they'll generally have mostly defensive minded team-mates around them and very little creativity provided for them.
That said, we should keep picking up a good number of low scoring draws and wins as Tisdale's style gets results, just not with the most entertaining of football.

Their keeper made a number of saves. Let's concern ourselves with scoring more than one goal.

Sort that and let the fun commence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:20 pm 

Massively frustrating/disappointing, but that’s what happens when you settle for 1-0 wins, we are excellent defensively but not indestructible, we went to sleep at the back and BANG it’s 1-1

At least we stil are unbeaten and the binary results are still rolling in.....