THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 pm 

Luke Ashmead, after weeks of being highly critical of our performances, described that "as a bit of a nothing game, nothing much to say". I think he's got that wrong. Walsall looked a very poor side and that really was two points lost.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 pm 

Totally agree. It's going to be a long season!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 pm 

No, we drew. You get one point for drawing. When you lose you get none. A draw can’t possibly be worst result this season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 pm 

dons50 wrote:
No, we drew. You get one point for drawing. When you lose you get none. A draw can’t possibly be worst result this season.

In terms of opportunity lost, it most certainly can be. I can't think of any game this season where we have lost but really ought to have won (ie three points lost). Tonight, we played a poor team and squandered a golden opportunity for two more points. That makes it the worst result so far this season in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 pm 

First half I thought we played well, really needed a second whilst we were on top, some shit finishing and a reckless EEL challenge put paid to that.

Walsall weren’t great and we should have buried them before half time, not the worst result but I was expecting a win

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm 

We hardly ever beat those feckers at our place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm 

Should have been 2 or 3 up by h/t, thought we should have had a penalty for a foul on Chuks, Sow should have scored late on too, oh well, better than losing, far too much negative comments as per usual!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 pm 

I'm sure I heard RN say on post match 3CR interview that it was a great performance in first half and he couldn't have asked more from the players. Mmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:14 am 
This was the first really unacceptable result IMO. This was a chance for the team to bounce back following the disappointment of the last two games, and play a side in poor form, in the bottom half, at home on a Tuesday night, that we smashed 4-1 only 6 months or so ago. There were no excuses.

This along with the Northampton draw are the most disappointing results so far, although we should probably have had more out of the Blackpool game too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:01 am 

ironic that after all the complaints that robbo didn't have a plan b, neilson has brought b, c, d, e and f but nearly a year on and I still have no idea what plan a is.